• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Incredible improvements with Helminthic Therapy

Would anyone in the US or Australia be willing to help DHL/UPS some worms for me? I got two orders stuck in limbo for six months and I'm looking for options since regular mail isn't working. I will reimburse whoever is doing it for their time and cost and I'll send money upfront.

Cipher

Administrator
Would anyone in the US or Australia be willing to help DHL/UPS some worms for me? I got two orders stuck in limbo for six months and I'm looking for options since regular mail isn't working. I will reimburse whoever is doing it for their time and cost and I'll send money upfront.

You might have better luck buying from another helminth provider?

BenFromNZ

Hey guys, quick update.

I have not had much trouble with handling the 3NA, I was quite surprised actually since I am usually so sensitive to treatments, especially so when it affects the immune system.

I didn't keep a detailed log but just took note of times when I was different to baseline.

There was about 5 days of feeling much more tired than normal and wanting to spend more time in bed and not able to talk much from day 9 to day 14. Then bounced back to baseline.

Then in week 5 I had another couple of days of being much more tired again.

After that, nothing much else to report. Haven't had any improvements either, but most people seem to suggest not to expect that till at least after 3 months.

I've finished 11 weeks, usually you wouldn't redose for at least 12 weeks, but since I've handle it fine, I re-dosed already. I took 6 NA this time. Will post more updates when I have something to report.

Cipher

Administrator
I appreciate the effort, but as far as I know there is no other supplier that does DHL either. So considering the current pandemic they would all have the same problem? I would love to find out I was wrong however so if I have missed anything please let me know.

I'm curious to know more about what happened with the packages? Have 2 different packages from 2 different providers not arrived in 6 months? What does the tracking information say?

Have you asked all of the providers in the list if they can send using either DHL, UPS or FedEx?

@Henrik What country are you in?

I'm in Sub-Saharan Africa. I think if I was in the US or Europe I'd be fine. The suppliers are telling me that the customers within the same continent are recieving the packages albeit a bit slower than usual. Also I've found someone in Europe that is willing to re-ship it for me so I think I should be okay now.

BenFromNZ

I'm in Sub-Saharan Africa. I think if I was in the US or Europe I'd be fine. The suppliers are telling me that the customers within the same continent are recieving the packages albeit a bit slower than usual. Also I've found someone in Europe that is willing to re-ship it for me so I think I should be okay now.
Oh, yeah I could see that it could be more difficult getting it to where you are. Hope your contact is able to get it to you. Have you thought about trying your hand at incubating your own NA?

BenFromNZ

It's now been 8 weeks since my second inoculation (6 NA). This time has been even easier than last time (3 NA) with not even a few days of being more tired than baseline. Obviously I am not the norm when it comes to how most CFS patients react, so I'd advise people to still be very cautious when beginning therapy and start with a low dose of 3NA.

I also still haven't had any benefits from the therapy, but as many have told me, it could take quite awhile. Some people, with some conditions, don't get the benefits until in their 2nd year or even close to the end of the 2nd year, but then suddenly start feeling a lot better. Obviously it would be preferable to get an indication much earlier. So I'm just going to keep redosing every 3 or 4 months, and hope something changes down the track. Will keep you updated if I have any improvements.

Last edited:

BenFromNZ

Hi again.
It’s been 15 weeks since my 2nd inoculation (6NA).
I still don’t have any improvements in symptoms but as yet I am still to test if my body’s immune reaction to certain things has been lowered yet.
I had a bit of a set back to my health and have had to hunker down a lot the last few weeks. However I had pushed myself a lot when I went away for a week so it makes sense to connect that with that rather than the worms. Although , there was a sense of being a little bit more tired for a week before hand. I am starting to feel a bit better now. I decided not to increase my dose this time just to be safe. So I will be taking my next dose of 6 NA today.

Thanks for answers my questions so clearly, @Gyre.

Wikipedia
Nevertheless, although my ME/CFS was virally triggered, and my blood tests show a chronic active infection with coxsackievirus B4, I am very tempted to try helminthic therapy, after reading your success story.

The cost seems reasonable ($130 for 10 Necator americanus helminths), and if it does not work, or if you start to get worse rather than better, you can very easily kill off all your helminths in just one day using the anti-parasitic drugs detailed above.

hello.
have you tried this therapy? Any effect. I am considering but also have viral issues w hhv6 Nx ebv and cocksackie. Thx.
Thanks for answers my questions so clearly, @Gyre.

You didn't mention though whether your ME/CFS onset was virally-linked, or whether you have been tested for chronic active viral infections. The reason I am interested is because helminthic therapy is known to reduce the Th1 (antiviral and intracellular infections) mode of the immune response, and increase the Th2 (antibacterial) mode. This is detailed in the Wikipedia article.

So possibly ME/CFS patients who have chronic active viral infections may not fare so well on helminthic therapy; perhaps helminthic therapy might work best for autoimmune ME/CFS without active viral infections.

Nevertheless, although my ME/CFS was virally triggered, and my blood tests show a chronic active infection with coxsackievirus B4, I am very tempted to try helminthic therapy, after reading your success story.

The cost seems reasonable ($130 for 10 Necator americanus helminths), and if it does not work, or if you start to get worse rather than better, you can very easily kill off all your helminths in just one day using the anti-parasitic drugs detailed above.

Daffodil

@BenFromNZ any updates? what people say....dont expect improvements for 3 months...some take 2 yrs...exactly what i have found with FMT.

a couple of people in other groups are urging me to try helminths so i am curious. i havent found THAT many improvement testimonials with helminths for me/cfs. There are many for RA it looks like.