• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

In Memory of JBoneske

Dakota15

Hey moderators, I'm not entirely sure where to post this / or where to intend this message, but I fear the worst for our friend @JBoneske.

I went to check when the last time he was active on this forum and it showed 6/15 - as I wanted to reach out to him and see if he was doing any better. I searched and I believe I have some recent information - I'm very saddened - everyone on PR here is here to help in any way that we can to one another. I know this isn't easy. :(

https://www.legacy.com/obituaries/thenorthwestern/obituary.aspx?n=jeffrey-a-boneske&pid=189335051&fhid=14645

Moderators, if you think it's best to place this in a separate forum please let me know - I just wanted to let the PR community know.

crypt0cu1t

IG: @crypt0cu1t
Hey moderators, I'm not entirely sure where to post this / or where to intend this message, but I fear the worst for our friend @JBoneske.

I went to check when the last time he was active on this forum and it showed 6/15 - as I wanted to reach out to him and see if he was doing any better. I searched and I believe I have some recent information - I'm very saddened - everyone on PR here is here to help in any way that we can to one another. I know this isn't easy. :(

https://www.legacy.com/obituaries/thenorthwestern/obituary.aspx?n=jeffrey-a-boneske&pid=189335051&fhid=14645

Moderators, if you think it's best to place this in a separate forum please let me know - I just wanted to let the PR community know.
Oh my God..... I feel so terrible. I was PMing him just the other day.... I wish there was something more I could have done/said to prevent this.. /:

Gingergrrl

@Dakota15, this is horrible news and breaks my heart. I did not know him outside of this thread and now really regret that I did not reach out to him more. The obituary said that his ex-wife passed away in March which means their son just lost both parents. I am so saddened to read this and don't know what to say. May you be at peace now @JBoneske and your suffering is over. God bless you and your son and family.

starlily88

The obituary said that his ex-wife passed away in March which means their son just lost both parents. I am so saddened to read this and don't know what to say. May you be at peace now @JBoneske and your suffering is over. God bless you and your son and family.

So saddened by this news. He had so many sports achievements both in high school and college.
For his son at 18 to loose both parents all at once is heartbreaking.
May you be at peace now @JBoneske and no longer be in pain.
Sending condolences to his son and parents, and the rest of his family.

mrquasar

Devastating news. I saw from another thread that he was recently diagnosed with hypothyroidism. I know how awful that alone can make you feel and how it can cause severe depression as that is exactly what I am going through right now. I too have had those dark thoughts but I have always reminded myself of how much it would hurt my family.

Having recently buried my grandma, I also experienced in a very visceral way the grief of seeing the casket close on someone you love and your closest connection to them becoming their tombstone. I have also lost a parent to suicide (23 years ago) and know fully well the lifetime of pain that it causes.

I'm torn because I know he must have been suffering greatly, but now he has transferred that pain onto his child for a lifetime. Unfortunately, from the child's perspective, even though I am an adult know and understand fully what led my own parent to choose to take their life, it does not erase the pain or the vain wish that she would have chosen to stay. It's just a tragedy all around.

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
Jeffrey A. Boneske

Obituary Condolences

wis212689-1_20180619.jpgx

Jeffrey A. Boneske

Oshkosh - Jeffrey Allen Boneske of Oshkosh passed away on June 15. He was 51 years old.

Jeff had been suffering with Chronic Fatigue Symptom (CFS) since December of 2016, but the diagnosis was not confirmed until about four weeks ago. The symptoms progressively got worse until in 2018, he said "It's like I hit another level." Jeff was tested for MS, Lyme disease, Lupus, and countless other diseases during this time. Then, in March of this year, his ex-wife Sylvia passed away, which made his mental state and illness even worse. Jeff could not live with the fact that, due to his debilitating disease, he could no longer be the dad or man he once was.

Jeff was into sports his entire life. He played football & basketball at Winneconne High School where he set the record for longest field goal that held for several years. He graduated high school in 1985. For a brief time, he played football for UWO. Jeff & Sylvia Alvarado were married in 1995. Before his illness, he worked out regularly and competed in adult basketball leagues, keeping himself in top-notch physical condition. He also enjoyed golf with his friends & son. For many years, Jeff was the coach for his son Uriah's teams in baseball and basketball.

After his time at UWO, he was employed by K-C in Neenah at the Development Plant for several years. He loved his job at Labrie until they closed the Oshkosh facility. Most recently, he worked for the EDT Industrial Resources Bearing Company in Oshkosh until his illness prevented him from doing his job there.

Jeff is survived by his son, Uriah Alvarado-Boneske, who was born to Jeff & Sylvia Alvarado in 1999. Jeff is also survived by his mother, Jill Boneske, his father, Richard Boneske (Nancy), and brother, John (Sheila) & their daughters, Meredith & Victoria. He is further survived by his Uncle Kent and Aunt Mary Granberg & their daughter Jennifer (Scott) & son Derek (Melissa). Jeff is also survived by his & Uriah's best buddy, a rescue dog named Elvis, who will miss Jeff.

Funeral services for Jeff will be held at Konrad-Behlman Funeral Home, 100 Lake Pointe Drive, Oshkosh, WI at 7:00 PM on Thursday, June 21, with visitation from 5:00 to 7:00 PM. In lieu of flowers, please donate to the Oshkosh Humane Society or Salvation Army.

https://www.legacy.com/obituaries/t...?n=jeffrey-a-boneske&pid=189335051&fhid=14645

perrier

I hope you rest in peace now forever. I am so sorry you were pushed up against a wall like this. I fear for every severely ill patient because this illness is the worst imaginable abuser. Rest in peace sweet soul. I send good energy to your son.

I registered on here for my brother Jeff, who some of you got to talk to him...

He will be missed more than words can say. I wish with all of my heart he would not of given up. I would do anything for one last hug from him, or an I love you, or a goodbye. His son Uriah is struggling too, and my wife and I are trying to help him any way we can.

Please...any of you who are struggling don't end your life. I know you think it is easy for me to say...but I have PLENTY of my own demons I fight on a daily basis... Jeff and I may of had a different "diagnosis but we are/were ALOT the same.

May you rest in peace Jeffrey, and now you are in a place where you don't have to hurt any longer! I love you more than I can explain and I miss my best friend!

Your brother John