• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

In Memory of JBoneske

perrier

I registered on here for my brother Jeff, who some of you got to talk to him...

He will be missed more than words can say. I wish with all of my heart he would not of given up. I would do anything for one last hug from him, or an I love you, or a goodbye. His son Uriah is struggling too, and my wife and I are trying to help him any way we can.

Please...any of you who are struggling don't end your life. I know you think it is easy for me to say...but I have PLENTY of my own demons I fight on a daily basis... Jeff and I may of had a different "diagnosis but we are/were ALOT the same.

May you rest in peace Jeffrey, and now you are in a place where you don't have to hurt any longer! I love you more than I can explain and I miss my best friend!

Your brother John
Dear John,
I cannot assuage your suffering in any way; I know that well. I can only pray that it will ease somewhat .

But what I can say is that this illness is hell on earth; it is antithetical to life; life is movement, and this illness punishes young people for doing what life is, moving, even slightly moving..... (My 92 year old mother has more strength and energy and mobility than our sick family member who is young.)

There are no meds, as far as I know, that relieve the non stop flu feeling, sick feeling, toxic feeling, the weakness, the severe discomforts in the GI tract, and in other parts of the body. How much can a human being tolerate. Just imagine having a knife stuck in your back for years. That is the situation for the severely ill.

The governments of various countries simply have not seen the urgency in this extremely debilitating condition which strikes the young. They are guilty of not helping their citizens and allowing this nightmare to carry on by not funding enough research.

I thank you very much for writing. How kind! Please take care of yourselves, all of you. Bless you and your family.
Thank you

Gingergrrl

@Jboneske2 Thank you for posting, John, and we are all heartbroken about the loss of your brother, Jeff. I did not know him outside of a few threads on this board but am so sorry that he suffered so much and wish I would have reached out to him more. I wish you and your wife, and especially his son, Uriah, much peace in the days and months ahead. May your brother's memory become a blessing to you as you move ahead.

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
I registered on here for my brother Jeff, who some of you got to talk to him...
Thank you so much for joining us here--we appreciate it more than you might ever know.
Please...any of you who are struggling don't end your life. I know you think it is easy for me to say...but I have PLENTY of my own demons I fight on a daily basis... Jeff and I may of had a different "diagnosis but we are/were ALOT the same.
I don't think anyone would think that it is easy for you to say this. Rather it takes a lot of courage to post on this thread and share your pain.
May you rest in peace Jeffrey, and now you are in a place where you don't have to hurt any longer! I love you more than I can explain and I miss my best friend!
And may you also find peace...in time. "A place where you don't have to hurt any longer!" So beautifully expressed--it could not be said better.

Good afternoon all. Myself and my family are about one week away from my brother @JBoneske from ending his life 6 months ago...

I am just here to update everyone on how "we" are doing. Myself, it sucks and is terrible! I miss him everyday, I think about him daily, the sharpness of the pain has gone away some, but the pain doesn't hurt any less! I miss him more than I could ever explain! My wife doesn't seem any better either. She constantly supports me, and tries to help me out. My mom isn't doing any better I don't think. About a week ago, she saw the gift that her and my brothers son got him for father's day, (as when Jeff ended his life on Friday, 2 days later was Fathers Day) and she fainted and hurt her wrist when she fell over and got banged up pretty good. She always thinks she has to be so tough and strong, but we all know that everyone hurts inside! She is finally gonna go to a group counseling thing according to her, her doctor is making her do it. Hope she goes soon! His son Uriah is doing better too I think? He moved out of their place that he lived with Jeff, and him and his sister and her BF/Fiance' along with Elvis(he is a pit bull-but a Wimp, I think he is afraid of his own shadow) are all living together, and he seems to be doing ok?? Or at least seems that it doesn't hurt as much as it did for him either, although I live 550 miles from "home" so I can only go by what on an told. I just wanted to update you guys, hope that is ok. I will check in here occasionally if that is ok too? God bless you all and PLEASE with all of my heart DON'T end your life. I have lost the one person who understood me, and I could talk to. The one person who I could talk to, I will never have an answer to any questions ever again!

If you ever want to hear his voice, go to YouTube and look up Mockfan2002. His videos of him and Elvis, and 1 video of him and I driving across the lake one winter, wish I would not of talked so crappy in it, since it's the only video I will ever see of us together again.

He is missed more than I can ever explain or words I can say. I love him with my whole heart, I hope he is resting peacefully too. I love you Jeff!

Thank you for reading this and letting me post it.

Could you also PLEASE, his Birthday is December 22nd, could you raise a glass to him, or toast to him on that day for myself and my family, and for him too? I don't care what your beverage of choice is, water is just fine too... I know it is gonna be an EXTREMELY hard day for us, and was hoping for some thoughts and prayers. Thank you

Gingergrrl

@Jboneske2 John, thank you for the update about your family and it brought tears to my eyes. I watched some of the videos on YouTube and Elvis is adorable. I am also glad that you had that trip with your brother on lake Winnebago. No one can take away your memories even though I know how painful they are.

Dec 22nd is the day my mom went into the hospital last year (and we are approaching the one year anniversary) and I barely know what to do with myself. But now I will raise a glass of sparkling cider in honor of your brother's birthday that day which reduces my sadness so he is helping people even though he is no longer here.

Sending peace and many blessings to you and your family :angel:

Judee

Psalm 46:1-3
I was just thinking about your nephew yesterday and thinking about how hard it is during the holidays when someone you love is no longer there.

Thank you for posting here. I think I can speak for everyone when I say, you and your family will always be welcome. Thank you for updating us.

I'm so sorry that you are going through all this. Death is bewildering. I will pray for you and your family during this most difficult time.