• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

If you feel more energized after taking B12, does that mean it's working ?

xchocoholic

Hi All,

I'm at a loss when it comes to reading the B12 threads posted and was just wondering if I need to learn more about this anyways. I saw that some B12's are absorbed better than others but if the one we're taking makes us feel better then are we absorbing these ok ? I know several people who have just taken regular B12 or B12 sublinguals and felt better ...

All the sublinguals I took upset my stomach and the B12 injections never seemed to help anyways. The bruising from the shots was painful too.

Whatever happened to the idea that all we needed was intrinsic factor to help our bodies break these down ? Metagenics Vessle Care has that ...

I started taking Metagenics Vessel Care again 3 days ago and have noticed an increase in my energy level. It gave me the energy to bath the dogs, vacuum and mop yesterday and I was really tired before I took it ... :Retro smile: Today I did some yard work and cleaned the patio. :cool: I've taken these before but don't remember if it worked this well the last time I took it or not.

I was on it for a few months last year but my folate came up high so I backed off of it just to be safe. My B12 was in the 700 range by then too.

Here's the scoop on this one ...

Vessel Care is a comprehensive formula that helps to maintain healthy homocysteine levels and promotes overall cardiovascular health.♦

* Provides key nutrients involved in homocysteine metabolism.♦
* Provides beneficial levels of folate, vitamins B12 and B6, trimethylglycine, and choline for enhanced methylation.♦
* Intrinsic factor promotes absorption of vitamin B12.

Each Tablet Supplies:
Riboflavin
5.00 mg

Vitamin B6 (as pyridoxine HCl)
25.00 mg

Folate (as folic acid and L-5-methyl tetrahydrofolate)
800.00 mcg

Vitamin B12 (as cyanocobalamin)
500.00 mcg

Zinc (as zinc glycinate)
5.00 mg

Trimethylglycine
500.00 mg

Choline (as choline bitartrate)
100.00 mg

Intrinsic Factor
20.00 mg

Thanks ... Marcia

willow

That's interesting Marcia. Great the improvements are so obvious to you.

I used to take and Ecological Formula's adenosyl cobalamin that was in a base of intrinsic factor. https://www.emersonecologics.com/Products/EmersonMain/PID-DIBEN.aspx

I didn't notice anything with it, but I do notice the impact of additive free liquid B12..... Sometimes it's helpful but more for headaches and mood issues. Not the enrgy you're reporting.

Let's hear more positives soon.

xchocoholic

That's interesting Marcia. Great the improvements are so obvious to you.

I used to take and Ecological Formula's adenosyl cobalamin that was in a base of intrinsic factor. https://www.emersonecologics.com/Products/EmersonMain/PID-DIBEN.aspx

I didn't notice anything with it, but I do notice the impact of additive free liquid B12..... Sometimes it's helpful but more for headaches and mood issues. Not the enrgy you're reporting.

Let's hear more positives soon.

Hi there,

Can you tell me where you found additive free liquid B12 ? I guess I need to learn about the different types of B12 ... this is the one my integrative doctor recommdened to me though.

I backed off this today because I think it may be keeping me awake at night. I did get the front and back patios cleaned though so now I have a clean place to rest ... : )

The energy I'm getting from this is the same that I got when I first started taking the Solgar essential aminos too. I don't know how else to describe it other than it feels like I'm jumping out of my skin ... and that was after only 1/2 a tablet too. I don't remember reacting to this this way the last time I took it. I adjusted to the aminos so I'm going to keep playing with this.

Does anyone know if there is any easy to read info on the different types of B12 and whether or not we really need these ? I was thinking that since I'm feeling more energetic from this one, it meant that I didn't need the other or need to get tested for it.

When I get the motivation to clean it's always a good sign too ..