• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

I was cured with GCMAF

Shanti1

Administrator
The first day I took it I had more energy, but then felt worse after taking it the next two days, however, I had a few other interfering factors. I stopped taking it for now and will go for a "round-two" once I can try to isolate it as the only change again. If I do end up getting good results I will let everyone know. One thing I did notice is that that my low-grade fevers, which I was having about 50% of the time, are down to about 20% of the time. I'm not certain this is due to the gcMAF, but it may be as it happened the day I started it and has held.

YippeeKi YOW !!

I know I'll be getting some less-than-love for posting this, but I get angry when our community is exploited by energetic profiteers.

This may or may not be the case with GcMAF, but just in case, here's the info from th3 Wiki page:

"Since around 2008, GcMAF has been promoted as a cure for cancer, HIV, autism and other conditions.

Three out of four of the original studies authored by Yamamoto (published between 2007 and 2009) were retracted by the scientific journals in which they were published in 2014, officially due to irregularities in the way ethical approval was granted. Retraction reasons also included methodological errors in the studies. The integrity of the research, conducted by Nobuto Yamamoto and colleagues, that originally prompted claims regarding cancer and HIV has been questioned.

The UK Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency and Cancer Research UK has warned the public about spurious claims of clinical benefits, misleadingly based on reduced levels of the alpha-N-acetylgalactosaminidase enzyme (also known as nagalase), whose production might be increased in many cancers.

In 2014 the Belgian Anticancer Fund communicated serious concerns about published studies on GcMAF by Yamamoto and colleagues.

In 2015 the UK Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency (MHRA) closed a factory in Milton, Cambridgeshire owned by David Noakes' company Immuno Biotech that manufactured GcMAF for cancer treatment.

In September 2018 Noakes pleaded guilty in UK to manufacturing a medicinal product without a manufacturer's licence, selling or supplying medicinal products without market authorisation, and money laundering, and sentenced to 15 months of jail. In April 2021 Noakes pleaded guilty in France to manufacturing and selling fake medicinal products and cosmetics by Internet and sentenced to 4 years of jail.

A 2019 Business Insider report detailed the activities of Amanda Mary Jewell, who sold GcMAF for years as a(n unlicensed) cure for several medical conditions, including cancer and autism. Jewell is not a medical doctor."

I know how desperate we all are. Caveat emptor ....

Shanti1

Administrator
I know I'll be getting some less-than-love for posting this, but I get angry when our community is exploited by energetic profiteers.

I think it is fair and right to point all of this out. Those of us who opt to try GcMAF should go in fully aware of both sides of the story and of the shady past of GcMAF, especially because it is so expensive. I purchased some a couple of years ago as part of our fight against my husband's cancer, but he didn't tolerate it, so I recently decided to try it myself. Cancer and ME/CFS, two conditions that cause us to be desperate.... Nonetheless, despite the negative press, I am open to the possibility the GcMaf may have some immune-modulating properties.

YippeeKi YOW !!

I think it is fair and right to point all of this out. Those of us who opt to try GcMAF should go in fully aware of both sides of the story and of the shady past of GcMAF, especially because it is so expensive.
Oh, @Shanti1 , thank you for understanding what I was intending with that post. I dont mean to poop on the parade or discourage people from trying it, but I just want everyone to go in, eyes wide open.

I'm so sorry that it didnt work for your husband. As a cancer 'evader' myself (not fond of the term 'cancer survivor' .... too many unforeseen pitfalls lurking post-treatment, doncha' know), I have some idea of what you went thru, and how hard and fearful that battle is.

I hope with all of what's left of my heart that GcMAF works for you !!! Please, if you can, post back and let us know, yes? :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: :hug::hug:

EDIT .... for a comma !!! Can I get any more OCD !!?!?!?!?!!!!?

Last edited: