• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

I strongly need help!

Leopardtail

Yes I did mean 1g (or 1000mg) of Vitamin C (thanks for picking that up).

I found it impossible to find b-complex without folic and cyano-b12 here (over the counter) - no idea about Belgium.

girlfromeurope

unless you have spent time in North America, it's not all that likely anyway.
@Freddd can you suggest a good quality B-complex free of folic acid that's available in Europe? I use Jigsaw b-complex, but have to import from canada.

@girlfromeurope have you arranged anti-depressants - I understand you are in a bad place (I have been there) but you are not beyond help. However you do need to get your mind into a place where you will accept Freddd's help and mine.

If you have reacted badly to single vitamin supplements there are several possibilities here: allergy to one of the filler materials, wrong balance or b vitamins (more likely), correcting the B-Vitamins is aggravating other issues.

Start of with Vitamins A + C + E (strongest tablets you can buy).
Add a 1mg Vitamin C tablet (or similar).
Take a good quality B-complex as Freddd suggested.
Took a good quality multi-vitamin / multi-mineral.

As soon as you are used to those, and are on your anti-depressants, you need to give Freddd and me the chance to help you. you also need to talk to the other members (or us) about HOW YOU FEEL. This is clearly not just an issue of sorting your health out, you seem to need to communicate and let things out.

I always buy my supplements online from amazon so that's not a problem.
I asked my doctor for antidepressants, and it's a good advice to talk about how I feel ;)
Thanks!

Leopardtail

The b vitamin supplement I would suggest is jigsaw b-complex.
It's all active forms and slow release - that will lower the chance of anything going wrong.

Also take your b-complex and multi-vitamin at different times to improve absorption.

Keep your head up, and I hope you feel better soon.

TigerLilea

No, I don't take magnesium and zinc at the same time. I do eat 3 cups of dark leafy greens raw each morning. I found the Wahl diet on line. It was formulated for MS, but Dr. Wahl thinks it might be useful for neuro-iimmune diseases. She started out with supplements, then went to getting the nutrients mostly through food. ME is similar to MS, IMHO.

Dr. Wahl found that supplements gave her only slight improvement, but once she changed her diet and got all of her vitamins and minerals from food, she had drastic improvements.

liverock

@girlfromeurope

If your going to see your doctor I suggest you get your progesterone/estrogen levels checked. Women with adrenal problems usually have lowered progesterone due to the body converting more progesterone to cortisol when the adrenals cant produce enough cortisol.

http://info.nihadc.com/integrative-health-blog/?Tag=progesterone

Estrogen and progesterone are supposed to be in balance and low progesterone will allow estrogen dominance. Low progesterone can cause acne breakouts and PMS symptoms as well as all sorts of mineral imbalances.

http://www.highonhealth.org/is-estrogen-dominance-causing-your-acne/

This makes the importance of getting your adrenals in order of prime importance. Poor adrenals will also cause poor control of copper.

Estrogen controls copper levels but copper cannot be used if it is not bound to ceruloplasmin, a copper binding enzyme. This enzyme is dependant on adequate adrenal and liver function for formation, if these are inadequate then copper intake is unbound and ends up lodged in organs such as kidney,liver and the brain.

I dont know where you are with getting somebody to treat you for the adrenals and a hair mineral test. If you are stuck I can give you the name of a practitioner who can do a hair mineral test in Europe and can help you get your minerals and adrenals balanced through phone and postal contact.

You first need however to get your doctor to check your progesterone/estrogen levels and get any imbalance treated.

Last edited:

Leopardtail

@girlfromeurope

If your going to see your doctor I suggest you get your progesterone/estrogen levels checked. Women with adrenal problems usually have lowered progesterone due to the body converting more progesterone to cortisol when the adrenals cant produce enough cortisol.

http://info.nihadc.com/integrative-health-blog/?Tag=progesterone

Estrogen and progesterone are supposed to be in balance and low progesterone will allow estrogen dominance. Low progesterone can cause acne breakouts and PMS symptoms as well as all sorts of mineral imbalances.

http://www.highonhealth.org/is-estrogen-dominance-causing-your-acne/

This makes the importance of getting your adrenals in order of prime importance. Poor adrenals will also cause poor control of copper.

Estrogen controls copper levels but copper cannot be used if it is not bound to ceruloplasmin, a copper binding enzyme. This enzyme is dependant on adequate adrenal and liver function for formation, if these are inadequate then copper intake is unbound and ends up lodged in organs such as kidney,liver and the brain.

I dont know where you are with getting somebody to treat you for the adrenals and a hair mineral test. If you are stuck I can give you the name of a practitioner who can do a hair mineral test in Europe and can help you get your minerals and adrenals balanced through phone and postal contact.

You first need however to get your doctor to check your progesterone/estrogen levels and get any imbalance treated.
The hair mineral tests are unreliable (Myhill has much to say on this) and heavily dependant on factors such as thyroid function. Different doctors with expertise now recommend intra-cellular (this takes account of membrane issues involved in PWME) or urine.

The stuff on Estrogen / Progesterone & copper was interesting I look forward to reading your references.

Critterina

... and spent a fortune recently on probiotics all of which ended up making me worse with increased histamine.
@brenda

I am extremely histamine intolerant, with respiratory and skin symptoms in the mix of reactions. I did a LOT of research on probiotics that would not increase histamine and settled on the 4x Pro B that you can only order online from Costco. I know that it helps when I take it (firm brown stools), but can't say that the improvement is long-lasting yet. I expect it will take months, maybe years.

Just wanted to let you know what I'd found. I looked at all the organisms in about 400 different brands, and which caused more histamine and which had diamine oxidase activity. I need to finish and publish this research...sorry, I've been quite distracted with family, work, travel, and lately no internet.

If you decide to use it, let me know how/if it works for you, and whether you have a diagnosis of histamine intolerance or have just noticed it yourself.

Crit

I don't know, taking a b-complex again with all the other supplements together and maybe some other tests at my doctor. Although I tried it before and it didn't work, I will try it again.
I have read your experiences following mb12 protocol and have similar problems. I got edema and swollen lymph nodes shortly following high dose mb12. My initial symptoms were bad brain fog (still there). I believe I induced a b6 and b2 deficiency, b6 helps with the edema but the swollen lymph nodes have not responded to potassium, high dose folate, t3 only therapy, other b vitamins and minerals. Full blood count has shown to be fine and hormones look fine/near optimal.

I more recently took high doses of active b2 and it seemed to reduce throat swelling that I wasn't aware of but has caused a feeling of having a sore throat. I know the interactions between zinc, magnesium, P5P, and b2. Did you ever find out what caused your own sore throat and do you have any tips to dig myself out of this dark hole I am in? Any help would be life saving.

Freddd

@lain123456
A whole lot of this is about learning what your own patterns of response .It needs a good solid basis. There are some very specific things that need to happen or not happen, and much of that depends in genetics. Folate for instance is affected by the polymorphisms in some genes. That basically breaks down what other folates besides l-methylfolate do to you. For me for instance, a little folic acid blocks the methylfolate and I start folate experiencing symptoms in a day. I have the same reaction to folinic acids and even to at least some veggie folates. I also found that B1, B2, B3 and inositol above minimum increases the need for potassium and the need for additional methylfolate.

If a person has their symptoms due to long periods of symptoms that don't heal and other symptoms build up those are often induced deficiency symptoms by exhausting resources trying to heal.

FOr any given person, they may need a specific order of building the pattern. So MeCbl, L-methylfolate, AdoCbl and KL-carnitine fumarate (10 % of people require ALCAR instead) or the basic 4 that will get both methylation and ATP production startup. Then that induces the low potassium and low methylfolate despite taking the methylfolate. The need for potassium shows that your body is trying to make cells and that you are headed towards healing, at least in my experience..

Also, one needs to not be taking NAC, glutathione, whey, at least while getting healing started. Then one makes a change and if healing continues or increases good, if it stops, drop back and change that last thing you added. Then as new symptoms or the return of old symptoms then tells you what the next induced deficiency one needs to correct.

These things happen quickly, hours to a day or two and more refeeding symptoms pop up on or after 3 days. Now some people only have slow responding things like some neurological problems. But many folate/B12 symptoms are things that can be noticed in hours.

I got a copy of my test results. It wasn't interpreted in terms of my needs. So 3.7 of potassium being "in range, normal" is that I get gastroparesis up to 4.4. My copper at 66 being "almost in range not serious", I get demyelination lesions in my cord or brain up to 80 or so. 66 is terrible serious and damaging for me. So it is important you get methylation and ATP started up so cells can be made and healing take place. And then to be aware of other things being run out of as other symptoms pop up. So now that I am getting my copper working again, what will I run out of next? I don't know, just have to pay attention. Keep a daily diray of symptoms starting and stopping, improving or not. Good luck.