• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

I sleep soundly but with many nightmares

eric_gladiator

This whole drama began a few years ago when I began to notice that little by little my sleep was improving but not its quality, having more dreams and dreams. Lately I wake up with a lot of mental confusion, with a lack of coordination and apathetic. It is causing me depression. Sometimes and I don't know how to remedy it.

There is a suspicion that tells me that it is the food because I feel that it affects me in terms of fatigue and my brain, causing me a strong heaviness. Sometimes I feel like I am walking and I am a zombie, my legs don't weigh me down. legs, I'm not tired but I feel like a zombie, my body is anesthetized and doesn't feel, my sexual apparatus no longer works like before because I don't often feel libido even though my tests say I'm full.

Everything goes well or apparently well but I I feel in this situation that I don't know how to remedy it, there is something internal that is getting worse and I don't even know how to fix it or anything.

Mention that I am taking reishi, melatonin and cherry... I have already taken more things like 5htp, theanine and nothing solves the problem because it is getting worse.

linusbert

it could be energy deficiency.
for me its similiar, a lot of wild unpleasant dreams, usually i am either running from something like police because they think i did murder someone but i didnt or most of the time, i am trying to get home from somewhere and i never arive.. or i need to pack my things because i need to travel somewhere but i never can get my stuff packed because there is more and more...

when i awake at night which rarely happens and i eat a little thing like a bit of joghurt or bread i get relaxed and have good sleep for the remaining hours.

you might try something very light just before you go to sleep. like a slice of bread with butter or cheese. no meal, just a little snack, containing fats and slow release carbs.

the supplement for good sleep might be Glycine, i would get a few grams of that in the evening. good bone broth has a lot of glycine. it also acts as methyl group buffer.

Wishful

My dreams seem more vivid and remembered on waking than before ME. They don't bother me though.

Food definitely affects my sleeping and waking symptoms. I do occasional known-safe diet (cornstarch pancakes) to check for food sensitivities/intolerances. Foods that were safe sometimes become problematic, so occasional retesting in necessary.

Your "zombie legs" sounds familiar. My legs are generally up for strenuous exertion, but my brain makes me want to collapse on a soft pillow. On days when my daily walk is labeled "trudged" rather than "brisk", it's my brain rather than my muscles, and that's usually due to eating the wrong food.

There's also the possibility of long-term microbiome changes. I had that last year: intolerant to a fibre metabolite, easily fixed by a probiotic capsule. However, given that our gut has 1000+ strains, it was amazing luck that a 14-strain capsule had the right strain.