• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

I found something to help with typing

Andrew

Because of orthostatic problems, I have trouble sitting up. I also have trouble with stamina and focus. There are times when I want to send an e-mail to a friend or write up my medical history for a doctor and I just can't do it. So what I do now is speak what I want to write.

I found a good solution. It's called Speechnotes and you can use it for free here. It works surprisingly well. Plus when I'm done dictating, I can push a button and it'll read back to me what I just wrote. That way I can tell if there are any wrong words.

Of course, nothing's perfect, but it has made it possible for me to accomplish things that I couldn't accomplish before.

lenora

Congratulations, Andrew. My husband uses that as he sends out a lot of texts. I prefer (because I can) to type instead. It's simply amazing the number of things that a phone can do today. I'd be the first to say that I quickly get lost among the choices. Good going. Yours, Lenora