• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

I contacted Erin Brockovitch

asked if she is interested in taking on our very big and important cause? Supplied minimum details in the space available ; now will wait to see if she responds.

will let everyone know the moment i hear anything.

sorry, i misspelled her last name in the Title. there is no "t" ... should be Brockovich

I received a reply email from the Brockovich camp; it was signed by Erin but it was a general reply saying basically"in receipt of your email, honored to get your request, I get a lot of requests so I'm taking time to review things and will get back to you; be assured i will do the best i can do if i am involved." So it probably really was Erin herself and not a spokesperson.

Basically, I am now "on hold" until next I hear from her. OK, the ball is rolling. We really can use an advocate of her stature.

Here's exact email I sent:

are you familiar with the XMRV epidemic?It's a retrovirus, as is the AIDS virus, but there seems to be a concerted effort by the CDC, and Health&Human Services, not to want any information about it to emerge. Already the retrovirus has been found in people who have the so-called"Chronic Fatigue Syndrome" that is ravaging people's health in horrible ways. Gradually, our immune system fails, heart disease flourishes, cancers develop, digestive failure happens,inflammation gets out of control, and death is common but is attributed to whatever the specific failure was... not that the failure was due to CFS. The retrovirus is contagious, and threatens our national blood supply, but the Govt is suppressing information. Why? This is right up your investigative skills alley. Will you talk to me about learning more and possibly taking on this big job of finding the Truth of XMRV ?
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

there was limited space provided. i used all of it. of course, there's a lot more to say. next time.

Starlight

i look sunburned all the time toddm

We sould forward a link to Oslerweb to her.

i too have this problem flushing and constant s burn look . ihave begun to use very high sunscreen on all days whether i am inside the house or out it is helping a lot .sunlight is very noxious to me but i feel all uv light affects me .

I did follow up and supplied 3 websites: oslersweb , cfscentral , and phoenixrising

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am always pale and sub-norm body temp ; no flushing here