• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

I Contacted CDC re False Info on XMRV Site

rebecca1995

Apple, anyone?
Thanks, Cloud. No response yet, but it may take some time.

At least now I/we can publicly point out that the CDC was twice contacted, on July 8 and 20, about false XMRV information on their website. If they still refuse to correct it, we can only conclude that they are deliberately falsifying data to mislead the public about an infectious retrovirus of "unknown pathogenic potential" (Lombardi et al).

CDC Website Inquiry

This is the response that I received from the letters to the CDC:

RE: CDC Website Inquiry
CDC-INFO <CDCINFO@cdc.gov>
Add to Contacts
To: xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo
Thank you for your submission to CDC-INFO.

Your comments have been forwarded to the appropriate CDC program for their information. They will contact you directly if they have any additional questions or information.

Thank you for contacting CDC-INFO. Please do not hesitate to call 1-800-CDC-INFO, e-mail cdcinfo@cdc.gov, or visit www.cdc.gov if you have any additional questions.

CDC-INFO is a service of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Agency for Toxic Substances and Disease Registry (ATSDR). This service is provided by Vangent, Inc. under contract to CDC and ATSDR.

MD/lmj

[THREAD ID:1-1T1QQ8] [SR No.:1-109265468]

rebecca1995

Apple, anyone?
Yeah, I got that same response, Revday. And someone else got it after sending the first letter a couple weeks ago.

Come on, Dr. Frieden...is that the best you can do? :rolleyes: