• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

I AM NOT A NUMBER: I AM A FREE ELEPHANT! ( THE PAIN SCALE)- The Chronic Elephant Blog.

hellytheelephant

Check out my latest Blog, which this week is about a topic close to my heart: PAIN, and how to quantify it.
https://thechronicelephant.blogspot.com/2022/05/i-am-not-number-am-free-elephant-rating.html
IMG_20220523_210740_kindlephoto-447765287.jpg

YippeeKi YOW !!

Aother great post, @hellytheelephant .... I' so happy that you post your new blog entries here, so we can follow along with them.

This one was, as always, brilliant and encouraging, since it echoes a lot of what I feel ad think. On the days that I can think.

I've reposted your New Pain Scale, along with the idiotic old one, on the joke page, along with a link to the pain post on your blog, I hope you dont mind. I should have asked first, but of course that thought just occurred to me as I typed this .... :xeyes::xeyes::xeyes:

hellytheelephant

Aother great post, @hellytheelephant .... I' so happy that you post your new blog entries here, so we can follow along with them.

This one was, as always, brilliant and encouraging, since it echoes a lot of what I feel ad think. On the days that I can think.

I've reposted your New Pain Scale, along with the idiotic old one, on the joke page, along with a link to the pain post on your blog, I hope you dont mind. I should have asked first, but of course that thought just occurred to me as I typed this .... :xeyes::xeyes::xeyes:
Thank you for doing that- I am always slightly baffled as to which section to put stuff in! Really glad to hear that the Blog resonated with your experiences.
I lovee the funny pain scale- much closer to our pain I think!
hope today is a good one for you.:hug:

YippeeKi YOW !!

I am always slightly baffled as to which section to put stuff in
I think you're putting it in exactly the right place, and in exactly the right way.

I only reposted it to Joke of the Day because, aside from being deadly accurate, it's hiiiii-larious, and I knew that members would see it there, along with the link to your blog, and possibly explore further.
I lovee the funny pain scale- much closer to our pain I think!
I especially respond to "I'm actively being mauled by a bear ...." and "I see Jesus coming for me and I'm scared ....." and the wacky slightly psycho drawings as the pain levels get worse are wonderful !!!
hope today is a good one for you.:hug:
S far, a nice reprise from the lats 3 r 4 weks of steady downturn, and then the inevitable stall in "Oh Lord, I hope this is as bad as it gets ..."

Hope things are uppish for you, too !!!