• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Hypersensitivity and/OR MCS

sleepy237

Anyone cured/ improved theirs? I am trying everything to help and everything is going against me. I need to be able to tolerate some kind of medicine but I keep having reactions - just when I think I have made a little ground.

caledonia

Yes, my MCS has improved 90% by doing Rich Vank's methylation protocol.

The reason it works is it builds glutathione in the liver. You body depletes one glutathione molecule for every toxin molecule you breathe, eat, etc. If you're low in glutathione your body can't deal with the toxins. If you increase glutathione, you can start to deal with toxins again.

In general, when you start anything new, start one thing at time so you can tell what's doing what. Start LOW and go SLOW. That means start with a fraction of a normal dose, and increase gradually as you tolerate the dose. The same thing holds true for the methylation protocol supplements.

taniaaust1

My MCS is MUCH BETTER then it used to be (at one point it was very bad). In my own case I attribute it being better to me taking group care to avoid chemicals as much as possible and over time my reactions to things when I was then accidently exposed, got less and less. I can now handle many things I previously couldnt