• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

HSV 1/2 extreme high titers, what does this say?

jason30

Hi all,

I have tested for the Herpes Simplex virus and IgM came back negative but IgG titers came back positive:
  • Herpes Simplex 1/2 IgG: + 23149,00 titer (lab range: < 231,00)
  • Herpes Simplex 1/2 IgM: Negative
  • Humane herpes virus type 6-IgM: < 0,9 index (lab range: < 0,90)
Other tested virusses:
  • Helicobacter pylori IgA: 0,80 Ratio (range: 0,80 - 1,10)
  • Enterovirus As (cox/echo) < 10 titer < 20,00
23149 are a lot of antibodies, I wonder if I need to take action against this?
The only symptom I have is 1 cold-sores per year, so this is HSV-1. (last time was february, 2018) I don't have any symptoms regarding HSV-2.

Thanks in advance for thinking along.

Hip

Herpes Simplex 1/2 IgG: + 23149,00 titer (lab range: < 231,00)

That's a fairly high antibody level, about 100 times higher than the reference range.

Dr William Pridgen believes that herpes simplex virus reactivation in the dorsal root ganglia may be the cause of fibromyalgia, and possibly play a role in ME/CFS too. The Pridgen antiviral protocol was devised to treat this infection.

Which lab measured this?

Enterovirus As (cox/echo) < 10 titer < 20,00

It's Coxsackievirus B and echovirus which are linked to ME/CFS, and these are enterovirus B, not enterovirus A.

Which lab tested you for enterovirus, as the testing method used by most labs is not sensitive enough to detect chronic enterovirus in ME/CFS patients?

jason30

That's a fairly high antibody level, about 100 times higher than the reference range.

Dr William Pridgen believes that herpes simplex virus reactivation in the dorsal root ganglia may be the cause of fibromyalgia, and possibly play a role in ME/CFS too. The Pridgen antiviral protocol was devised to treat this infection.

Which lab measured this?

It's Coxsackievirus B and echovirus which are linked to ME/CFS, and these are enterovirus B, not enterovirus A.

Which lab tested you for enterovirus, as the testing method used by most labs is not sensitive enough to detect chronic enterovirus in ME/CFS patients?

Hi Hip,

Thanks for thinking along and the link to the antiviral protocol, very interesting. I am looking further into it.
Do you by change know if high titers corresponds to reactivation? Does high titers always mean you have reactivation?

The lab is: https://www.prohealth.nl/
It's a dutch lab.
I actually don't know how they tested this, but I will ask them.

I have received the last result of HHV-6, it's positive.
  • Humaan herpes virus type 6-IgG HHV-6: + 2,472 index (lab range: < 1,10)
I had this disease when I was a child. I wonder what the positive IgG of 2,472 means in a way of the present? Does this also means reactivation?

I am new to this, I am still finding out what reactivation means for me.
When I get the flu or any other virus, or something which triggers my immune system a lot, then I get weak legs and I can't walk anymore. I believe this have something to do with an existing virus or maybe something else such as lyme that is blocked by my immune system, but gets free passage when my immune system is dealing with the flu, for example. I am still guessing.

Thanks again.

jason30

If you have a weblink to their page about their coxsackievirus B and echovirus test, it will often say on the page the testing method used.

Couldn't find it on their website so contacted their customer service. It seems that they are all ELISA, only HHV-6 could be done also with PCR.

Hip

Couldn't find it on their website so contacted their customer service. It seems that they are all ELISA, only HHV-6 could be done also with PCR.

The ELISA and IFA methods of antibody detection are more sensitive than CFT (complement fixation testing), but are not as sensitive as the gold standard neutralization method. So negative results in these tests do not necessarily mean that you do not have a chronic coxsackievirus B infection.

If you would like to get tested for some of the most common Coxsackie B viruses and echovirus found in ME/CFS, then IMD lab in German do a reasonably priced individual tests for CVB3, CVB4, CVB5 and EV6, EV30. These test costs €34 each.

Dr Chia says the most common enteroviruses found in ME/CFS
are:

• CVB3 and CVB4 first and foremost
• Then CVB2, EV6, EV7 and EV9
• And then much less EV11

jason30

The ELISA and IFA methods of antibody detection are more sensitive than CFT (complement fixation testing), but are not as sensitive as the gold standard neutralization method. So negative results in these tests do not necessarily mean that you do not have a chronic coxsackievirus B infection.

If you would like to get tested for some of the most common Coxsackie B viruses and echovirus found in ME/CFS, then IMD lab in German do a reasonably priced individual tests for CVB3, CVB4, CVB5 and EV6, EV30. These test costs €34 each.

Dr Chia says the most common enteroviruses found in ME/CFS
are:

• CVB3 and CVB4 first and foremost
• Then CVB2, EV6, EV7 and EV9
• And then much less EV11

Thanks Hip, those are not expensive. maybe those tests can be of added value in the future.