• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

How to handle detox effects from green powders?

lyran

This year I have tried to use several green powders for their supposed benefits. Mainly Chlorella and Wheatgrass juice powder.

Chlorella seemed to have antifatigue benefits for couple first days of use but after that my fatigue got really bad and I was also having terrible stomach issues all the time like constipation, stomach aches and gas. I had to stop after 2 weeks.

Wheatgrass juice powder seemed to give me an energy boost after it kicked in but for the rest of the day I felt more fatigued and tired. This seems to happen every time when I take it. I also get stomach issues from it.

I have used quite small doses but still the detox symptoms (or are they detox symptoms?) are so bad that I have to stop using them.

Has anyone been able to use these powders and get through initial detoxification symptoms and how did you manage to do it?

Last edited:

lyran

I would not assume these are detox symptoms. Maybe these powders don't agree with you and are making you sick.

Yes that is also a possibility. I'm wondering which ingredient in these powders is responsible for these symptoms...could it be chlorophyll or fiber.

I have taken these green powders on an empty stomach. Would it be better to take them after or with food?

Last edited: