• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

How herpesviruses awaken Date: May 4, 2022

GreenEdge

The dormancy myth is so widespread, that any news to the contrary is soon forgotten. In April 2018 it was proved that the Herpes Virus never goes completely dormant see my post here.

Belief that the virus goes dormant leads to incorrect assumptions like this quote from link above:
Interestingly, the Würzburg research group was also able to show that the viral microRNA is not only essential for virus replication, but also directly triggers the reactivation of the virus from its dormant state.

No, what they detected was viral replication occurring whether "dormant" or not.

keenly

I suscribe to terrain theory myself. I am yet to see any evidence for germ theory.