• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

How fast does MeCbl breaks down to HyCbl with light? And which forms?

Malea

I read in Freddd‘s thread that he warns that MeCbl injections will break down to HyCbl fast with light.
Is this the case for every MeCbl, like liquid and powdered ones, too?
And does anyone knows how fast this process is happening?

Thanks everyone.

(And I’m tagging @Hip )

Hip

A couple of old posts here and here may answer your questions. A quote from those posts:

The study: "Stability of high-dose methylcobalamin injection" found that in ampoules of injectable methylcobalamin which were wrapped in aluminum foil to protect them from light, around 92% of the methylcobalamin was still present 6 months later. So in the absence of light, methylcobalamin is reasonably stable.

However, the above study found that an astounding 50% of the methylcobalamin in the ampoules disintegrated after only 4 hours exposure to bright light of 1000 lux (= about the light level you get at 1 meter from an ordinary 60 Watt light bulb).