• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

hiv like virus

heapsreal

iherb 10% discount code OPA989,
it will be interesting if co-infections will still need to be treated or if lower the xmrv viral load will be enough for the immune system to kick in and fight these co-infections.

cheers!!!

gregf

Hi Chris,

XMRV is a retro virus like HIV and HTLV. But there is good news too.

HIV destroys a persons immune system. That does not happen to us.
With rest, we can improve. I am a considerably better then 5 years ago, almost pain free.

If the XMRV test was easier to get in Aus, I am still not sure I would get it done yet. I have seen people who I am sure have ME, still test negative. I think the test is far from perfect and giving false negatives. Let them perfect it, then we can get it done.

Because the medical world abandoned us, the ME patient community is well organized online. You can find lots of help online for managing symptoms and, as I said, it is possible to improve to where life is enjoyable. Good luck.

liquid sky

"Almost pain free?'' That is nothing short of a miracle with ME. Have any secrets you want to share? I am glad someone is able to enjoy relative comfort.