• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

HIV infection from blood supply in Colorado!! XMRV publicity chance?

voner

Here is an example of an opportunity for XMRV publicity. The local news agencies here in the Front Range of Colorado (Denver) are reporting about the only recorded case of HIV transmission from a blood transfusion in the past eight years.

http://www.denverpost.com/ci_16407109

what an opportunity for the CAA or someone more functional and knowledgeable than myself to get a hold of these reporters and see if they're interested in exploring the XMRV in the blood supply issue.

• 4-5% infection rate in the general population
  • XMRV found in 80% ME/CFS,
  • XMRV found in prostate cancer
  • XMRV autism connection
  • strong familial tendencies
  • etc.

It's my opinion that news organizations just love potential catastrophe stories.

Nice opportunity.

Opinions? Actions?

more bad publicity might get the Federal research agencies to start forking out some money for XMRV, especially involving the WPI - which is the expert in XMRV at this point. Show me the money!