• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

High dose of vitamin C, any experience?

Tammy

Does anyone know if Vit C can cause a 'detox' reaction? I take 2-3g of time-release to help me sleep; I noticed a reaction yesterday that resembled the herxes I get on certain herbs (intense apathy, brain fog, depression, GI upset). Last night I upped the dose to 5g and today I feel flu-like with a raging headache etc.
Yes it can.

Hey there everyone,
For various reasons I consider trying high dosis of vitamin C. Some of them being inflammation in my body, chronic swollen lymph nodes without a clear reason, adrenal problems (low aldosterone).
And so much more, too much to name.

hows your reviews on vitamin C for your body? I am thinking of adding vitamin c for my diet too.
but sometime i worry they do a too simplistic case study reviews of the benefits and side effects.
i really appreciate the real life sharing here

knackers323

Hey there everyone,
For various reasons I consider trying high dosis of vitamin C. Some of them being inflammation in my body, chronic swollen lymph nodes without a clear reason, adrenal problems (low aldosterone).

I was wondering about experiences of others, if you tried:
How much did you take? Which type? What did it do for you?
And are there any risks I should be aware of?

I have 250mg tables, and want to take 2 (so 500mg) every 30 minutes, until my bowels react to it. Then I stop and use that dose (slightly less) the next day.
I have ascorbic acid, which is probably not the best right? What would be better?

Loads of thanks in advance :)

(Edit:
Diagnosed with POTS and low aldosterone.
Chronic fatigue since I was 16, (33 now) Often have hypotension and low heart rate/bradycardie, but no adrenal insufficiency. It started after having Epstein Barr/cytomegaly virus.
Medication: Only fludrocortisone)

@JuliaMaple how did this work out?

Hey there everyone,
yes julia, pls share your experience. I have been googling and found some good benefit reviews of vitamin c
however, general advice, not really reviews for CFS pple.
will love to hear from you =)

hi guys. just a sharing. i have been taking vitamin c supplements for a week.
can't really tell if there is any difference. still feel the normal tiredness at times :(
will take for a month or so and update if there is a positive change! =)