• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

high blood pressure but paradox reactions to potential treatment, whats going on?

Crux

sadly not. i am in nursing home, have not much choice. they do not even have kiwis

That's just wrong.

s "good" cheese like gouda/emmentaler (not that bad artificial cheese with the bad phosphor) i believe its all in one package so my body could handle it

Delicious cheese. Most high calcium foods are also high in phosphorus. Greens like collards and kale are great. where do you get all that vitamin K ?

I would never tell you to lower cheese. You're well versed in Pi. I don't know anymore.

I'll just say that I'm starting to feel better with the ubiquinol, but it could take a month or more to see lowered bp from it.

If I can think of anything, I will write.

LINE

I have seen some very good results using Magnesium Citrate with Magnesium Oxide. This is not to be confused with other forms of magnesium which never changed blood sugar. Results popped up in just a few days (not weeks or months).

linusbert

That's just wrong.

Delicious cheese. Most high calcium foods are also high in phosphorus. Greens like collards and kale are great. where do you get all that vitamin K ?

I would never tell you to lower cheese. You're well versed in Pi. I don't know anymore.

I'll just say that I'm starting to feel better with the ubiquinol, but it could take a month or more to see lowered bp from it.

If I can think of anything, I will write.

how much ubiquinol do you take? is it liquid? did u try plain q10?
someone in the forum did mention a "antioxidant pentet", consisting of C, E, Q10, NAC/GLUTH, alpha lipoic acid. maybe you get even better results when taking all of them?

i checked https://www.naehrwertrechner.de , its only german but maybe you can use it with google translate.
the 500g "roggenmischbrot" (basically a german mixed-grain rye bread) bring about 200% of vitamin K.
BUT , the website food database was occasional wrong on some items, so this could be just a error. also 500g bread is quite a lot.
Also the database does not take antinutrition into account. there could be things in it which hinder absorption of those vitamins.
those values are always to be taken with a grain of salt.

i checked this english list of VITAMIN K contents in food:
http://www.ilbcdi.org/filesimages/Print Materials/Vitamin K food list.pdf
probably the first database was wrong. i am at best at 6 ug, thats like 10% of daily requirements.

but glad you pointed this out, this made me check the list and now i realize i am not in good status of vitamin K but in a deficient state which makes A LOT of sense. i have petechia on my arms and quite often nose bleeding. especially when i take vitamin E or other blood thinning stuff.
i might now try K1 supplements.
funny thing. i have it even here. i bought it as antidote for mice (which we sadly have in our nursing home) but the home does refuse to catch them alive despite me having non-lethal traps (we also catched a few in my room and released them - alive). they are using rat poisson instead. so to save some mice i thought to offer some water with k1... but i did not realise this idea so far.
well now i might take rat poisson antidot myself.

Last edited:

linusbert

I have seen some very good results using Magnesium Citrate with Magnesium Oxide. This is not to be confused with other forms of magnesium which never changed blood sugar. Results popped up in just a few days (not weeks or months).

how much of citrate and oxid each do you take?
i recently tried just oxid and i had the feeling it disturbed my guts for a day.
mg.oxid needs stomach acid, could be that i had too less and it impaired my digestion.
but i might try it again.

Crux

how much ubiquinol do you take? is it liquid? did u try plain q10?

I started this trial 8 days ago with 100mg. of coq10 with vitamin e. 4 days ago, I switched to ubiquinol 200mg.
I'm having some inflammation with the ubiq. It contains mct oil. I've had inflammation from higher doses of mct before, so not sure if such a small dose would cause this.

Today I'm back on the regular coq10 100 mg. One symptom I get is paresthesia, but many things cause it, low calcium is one.

I've tried the supps. you mentioned but not straight glut. I tried nac many times with side effects. Last time was last week. Bad histamine reaction , probably the sulfur. doused my face with colloidal copper. helped some

Low vitamin k can cause bleeding. this happened when I tried carnivore. low copper and calcium can cause bleeding too. The nosebleed seems more like k.

Good lord, no mice allowed in your home !

LINE

how much of citrate and oxid each do you take?
i recently tried just oxid and i had the feeling it disturbed my guts for a day.
mg.oxid needs stomach acid, could be that i had too less and it impaired my digestion.
but i might try it again.

Yes, both citrate and oxide can affect gastrointestinal. I took 2 capsules per day of Nature's Way Magnesium Complex which is 500mg.

It is possible I suppose that other forms of magnesium may have this effect. I recently tried Magnesium Taurate which had a calming effect on my heart rate.

linusbert

I have some colloidal copper put into nasal spray bottle. When I have a reaction to something, I spray into sinuses, even eyes . :jaw-drop: It helps a lot.

i got the colloidal copper and also magnesium. put a drop of 50ppm into my mouth, let it there for a minute and spit it out.
afterwards i had a slight burning sensation and it felt quite unpleasant. is this normal with colloidal and oral?

i have no such problems with magnesium citrat, malat or chloride. also carbonate wasnt that bad.

Crux

i had a slight burning sensation and it felt quite unpleasant. is this normal with colloidal and oral?

One of copper's antimicrobial effects is its forming H2O2, which can sting.
Also, copper is needed to form collagen and elastin, yours may be low.
With copper deficiency, there can be nerve damage, which makes them sensitive.

btw, I added curcumin about 10 days ago to normalize blood pressure. The first brand I tried began to lower it a little. ( Core brand liposomal liquid curcumin.)

The second that I tried seems to be more effective, but it's only day 2. ( Life Extension Elite turmeric extract). It contains fenugreek , which is supposed to increase bioavailability.

I've had to lower coq10 and the LEF because they are causing mild paresthesia, possibly an effect on calcium, like vitamin k2.