• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Heterogenous circulating miRNA changes in ME/CFS converge on a unified cluster of target genes: A computational analysis (Kaczmarek 2023)

Violeta

Hypoxia activates heparanase expression in an NF-kappaB dependent manner

Hypoxia was shown to increase tumor cell invasion into the extracellular matrix in vitro. This result suggests that heparanase (Hpa), one of the key enzymes involved in tumor invasion and metastasis, may be regulated by hypoxia.
https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/32274737/

Heparanase is an endoglycosidase which cleaves heparan sulfate (HS) and hence participates in degradation and remodeling of the extracellular matrix (ECM). Heparanase is preferentially expressed in human tumors and its over-expression in tumor cells confers an invasive phenotype in experimental animals.

Heparanase is the sole heparan sulfate degrading endoglycosidase present in mammals.

Heparan sulfate (HS) is a sulfated glycosaminoglycan abundant on the cell surface and in the extracellular matrix and has several biological activities including anticoagulation and anti-inflammation.

The glycosaminoglycans (GAGs) heparan sulfate, dermatan sulfate, and heparin are important anticoagulants that inhibit clot formation through interactions with antithrombin and heparin cofactor II.

Heparan sulfate assists SARS-CoV-2 in cell entry and can be targeted by approved drugs in vitro​

These data suggest that heparin acts as a competitive inhibitor for Spike-mediated viral entry and this inhibitory activity could be in part offset by overexpression of ACE2.

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41421-020-00222-5

ruben

Just wondering, if someone in UK goes to their GP and requests anticoagulants for their ME/CFS, is he likely to agree for you to give them a try.

Back