• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

HELP prior to Dr. visit - need articles on PEM, sensitivity, heart danger, AVs

creekfeet

Sockfeet
In a little over a week I'll be going back for a second visit. He's supposed to have lined up a cardiologist by then to run nuclear stress test and 7-day Holter monitor.

So my next question is...

What other tests should I request?

Chris

Cardio tests

Hi, Creekfeet; besides the tests you mention when you see a cardio, it might be worth asking if impedance cardiography is available (aka Plethysmography)--this is the non-invasive measurement of blood volume supine and standing that was used by Peckerman in the essay that largely triggered Paul Cheney's "The Heart of the Matter," and which has been further incorporated into his more recent work on cardiac issues in the latest DVD.

I have discovered that there is a private clinic in Vancouver that uses Physioflow Enduro, a version of impedance cardiography, and I intend to go over there soon to have this done--$150, and I think well worth it. It can show if you have the low heart output that is so characteristic of CFS, and that gets missed by most cardios, as Cheney describes. I would just love to have such evidence to wave beneath the nose of the next cardio I see!
Best, Chris

creekfeet

Sockfeet
Thanks, Chris! I will add those to my list. Living very very rurally and on the public assistance medical plan, I will surely find there are some tests I just can't get at all, and others for which I would have to travel, but I'll list them all and get as many as I can.