• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Help please! Bad crash after covid

elvira

@GlassCannonLife Do you feel like you’re on the same level as your big crash? Or getting better/worse? I don’t know if i can relax like ”this is as bad as it’s Going to get” or if there is even more to come... the uncertainty is so stressing

Sending hugs to my covid Buddy!

GlassCannonLife

@GlassCannonLife Do you feel like you’re on the same level as your big crash? Or getting better/worse? I don’t know if i can relax like ”this is as bad as it’s Going to get” or if there is even more to come... the uncertainty is so stressing

Sending hugs to my covid Buddy!

It was steady the first week and a bit after the big crash.. Then it got worse randomly, dunno why (maybe because there were a few hot days here..?). Now seems to have stayed very similar for a week lol. So terrible hey.

Like I have had to stay on 700 mg pregnenolone.. It got tiny bits easier over the week. Then just tried two days at 650 (today would be day 3), and it was a bit tougher yesterday, then I woke up all night last night having chills and night sweats and anxiety etc. I wonder if it's me going hypo or something..? I saw the symptoms are the same.

But yeah super rough so far and no end in sight! 😭😭

Hugs back to you! Hopefully yours will be better. It's nice to have someone in the same/similar situation though. You been having weird night sweats or anything like that?

elvira

It was steady the first week and a bit after the big crash.. Then it got worse randomly, dunno why (maybe because there were a few hot days here..?). Now seems to have stayed very similar for a week lol. So terrible hey.

Like I have had to stay on 700 mg pregnenolone.. It got tiny bits easier over the week. Then just tried two days at 650 (today would be day 3), and it was a bit tougher yesterday, then I woke up all night last night having chills and night sweats and anxiety etc. I wonder if it's me going hypo or something..? I saw the symptoms are the same.

But yeah super rough so far and no end in sight! 😭😭

Hugs back to you! Hopefully yours will be better. It's nice to have someone in the same/similar situation though. You been having weird night sweats or anything like that?

I remember reading about your experience even before catching covid and thought what a nightmare, and here I am😅 Who knew it could mess us up like this...

What does the pregnenolone do? Hadn’t heard about it. I took a benzo today and it helped a lot but i obviously can’t stay on it. Now i’ve started with the aspirin, we’ll see if it helps.

Yes I’m glad we can try and deal with this together! I had really bad night sweats the first week but they’ve passed.

GlassCannonLife

I remember reading about your experience even before catching covid and thought what a nightmare, and here I am😅 Who knew it could mess us up like this...

What does the pregnenolone do? Hadn’t heard about it. I took a benzo today and it helped a lot but i obviously can’t stay on it. Now i’ve started with the aspirin, we’ll see if it helps.

Yes I’m glad we can try and deal with this together! I had really bad night sweats the first week but they’ve passed.

I don't know what it does exactly.. That's kind of my issue at the moment. I thought it was mainly adrenal support but that doesn't seem to be it.. Hopefully it's not acting mainly as a gaba receptor modulator like benzos but I am worried that might be part of it. That's why I'm trying to wean off as fast as possible, it's just hard to stay stable.

I hope the aspirin helps, it didn't seem to do anything for me but you never know..

GlassCannonLife

Ended up being quite unstable at 230 pm today. Had to take an extra pregnenolone (50 mg) so I will be back on 700 my today sigh.

I also took a tsp of cumin every 2 h, 230, 430, 630, and will take one before bed at around 8 as well. I might try and take a tsp before each meal to see if it can maybe help block PEM more and let me possibly recover better.. Figure why not, already so messed up I may as well see if it can help! The other people that have used it haven't found any tolerance or rebound effects so far (neither have I) so fingers crossed it just works in a useful way.

Something you could consider trying maybe - just cumin (not curcumin) the brown spice like for cooking. Not sure if you've tried it before but it seems to reduce PEM feelings for me and pre-emptively block PEM for some as well (not sure if that happens for me, only used it after I already had PEM in the past as an experiment).

GlassCannonLife

Just saw that cumin can slow blood clotting.. Maybe that will also be useful for us.? Not sure how much in a day is ok to have though.

elvira

Ended up being quite unstable at 230 pm today. Had to take an extra pregnenolone (50 mg) so I will be back on 700 my today sigh.

I also took a tsp of cumin every 2 h, 230, 430, 630, and will take one before bed at around 8 as well. I might try and take a tsp before each meal to see if it can maybe help block PEM more and let me possibly recover better.. Figure why not, already so messed up I may as well see if it can help! The other people that have used it haven't found any tolerance or rebound effects so far (neither have I) so fingers crossed it just works in a useful way.

Something you could consider trying maybe - just cumin (not curcumin) the brown spice like for cooking. Not sure if you've tried it before but it seems to reduce PEM feelings for me and pre-emptively block PEM for some as well (not sure if that happens for me, only used it after I already had PEM in the past as an experiment).

Thanks for the tip! How do you take it? Mixed with water?

dave11

Besides the supplements listed in the FLCCC I-Recover protocol, carnosic acid (rosemary extract) is an interesting possibility:

Potential Therapeutic Use of the Rosemary Diterpene Carnosic Acid for Alzheimer’s Disease, Parkinson’s Disease, and Long-COVID through NRF2 Activation to Counteract the NLRP3 Inflammasome
https://www.mdpi.com/2076-3921/11/1/124/htm

GlassCannonLife

Besides the supplements listed in the FLCCC I-Recover protocol, carnosic acid (rosemary extract) is an interesting possibility:

Potential Therapeutic Use of the Rosemary Diterpene Carnosic Acid for Alzheimer’s Disease, Parkinson’s Disease, and Long-COVID through NRF2 Activation to Counteract the NLRP3 Inflammasome
https://www.mdpi.com/2076-3921/11/1/124/htm

Have you tried using that protocol for a post covid recovery?

pamojja

I’m on my 14th day of covid and it has really dragged me down.
Yes i’m vaccinated but I got sick 2 days after my 3rd dose. The infection wasn’t that bad but my ME symptoms are much worse.

Think you should consider the very strong propability, that in just 2 days proximity to the 3rd booster dose, that this actually isn't naturally aquired Covid-19, but the direct side-effects of the vaccine.

Pfizer wanted to hide their thourough documentation of possible side-effects under closure for an other 70 years, but a court ruled them handing it over.

Here is link to a copy of the released Pfizer documentation:

https://phmpt.org/wp...-experience.pdf

It includes covid19 infection and chronic fatigue syndrome, within 9 pages listing of side-effects, starting at page 30.

Not that it would make much difference to you now, since most protocols against covid seem to be used against vaccine-damage too. But if one doesn't learn out of bad experiences, one tents to repeat them again.

Best wishes.

elvira

Think you should consider the very strong propability, that in just 2 days proximity to the 3rd booster dose, that this actually isn't naturally aquired Covid-19, but the direct side-effects of the vaccine.

Pfizer wanted to hide their thourough documentation of possible side-effects under closure for an other 70 years, but a court ruled them handing it over.

Here is link to a copy of the released Pfizer documentation:

https://phmpt.org/wp...-experience.pdf

It includes covid19 infection and chronic fatigue syndrome, within 9 pages listing of side-effects, starting at page 30.

Not that it would make much difference to you now, since most protocols against covid seem to be used against vaccine-damage too. But if one doesn't learn out of bad experiences, one tents to repeat them again.

Best wishes.

My parents were sick before me and I got tested so I’m sure it’s an infection. But I did have a strong reaction to the vaccine also so it could contribute to making things worse...

Learner1

My parents were sick before me and I got tested so I’m sure it’s an infection. But I did have a strong reaction to the vaccine also so it could contribute to making things worse...
Have you been tested for other infections? There are reports of reactivations of herpesviruses after both the shot and the virus. The immune system takes a hit and keep the viruses in check. You might try PCR tests for EBV, HHV6, and CMV if you don't have symptoms of other herpesviruses.

Violeta

This post at selfhacked might correlate to what is being discussed here. Very interesting about how EBV can interfere with pregnenalone production by way of hijacking the mevalonate pathway.

https://selfhack.com/blog/homing-fundamenal-cause-epstein-barr-reactivation/

When that link came up because of my search words, this link to COVID came up, too. It has to do with CoQ10, which I was searching because of the mevalonate pathway interference by EBV. This is what appears in the google search with the link:

" Primary CoQ10 deficiency is defined as a deficiency due to mutations in the genes encoding CoQ10 synthesis. Primary CoQ10 deficient patients"

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/labs/pmc/articles/PMC7680046/