• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Heart beat feeling like it is pounding very hard...feeling and hearing each beat

Them you, I’m planning on going carnivore in January so fingers crossed i get similar results to yourself. Have you found any plant foods which you can tolerate?
Cool, good luck. I recommend choosing low histamine cuts (ironically in higher quality butcher shops the let the mead dry age for quite some time which heightenes the histamine loaf), adding betaine hcl, avoiding egg whites (yolks are great, at least for me) and experimenting with everything (fat-protein ratio, methionine-glycine ratio etc., smaller or bigger meals, dairy or no dairy etc.)
The plant foods I tolerate the best are fresh figs (not dried!) and some cherimoyas. But not on the same day as animal products (or other longer to digest plant foods) because of food combination.
Oh and I would avoid drinking water around your meals. Stomach acid.
Good luck. Don’t hesitate to ask if you want to. :)

Strawberry

i've been taking more vitamins than ever tho.

Now that I’ve been trying to figure out what correlated with my pounding heart lessening, I think magnesium and potassium might have to do with it. I’d agree with vitamins and electrolytes.

Also the antihistamines someone mentioned.

Cool, good luck. I recommend choosing low histamine cuts (ironically in higher quality butcher shops the let the mead dry age for quite some time which heightenes the histamine loaf), adding betaine hcl, avoiding egg whites (yolks are great, at least for me) and experimenting with everything (fat-protein ratio, methionine-glycine ratio etc., smaller or bigger meals, dairy or no dairy etc.)
The plant foods I tolerate the best are fresh figs (not dried!) and some cherimoyas. But not on the same day as animal products (or other longer to digest plant foods) because of food combination.
Oh and I would avoid drinking water around your meals. Stomach acid.
Good luck. Don’t hesitate to ask if you want to. :)
I’m really struggling to find food that I can eat without having some reaction to. My heart pounding gets more intense after eating meat, and my blood pressure goes into the high range too, although i have noticed this with minced beef, slow cooked lamb, and fried gammon steaks. Perhaps these are the wrong cuts/ways of prepping.
Do you only find H2 antihistamines to help or do you get some relief from anti allergy tablets like citririzine?

I’m really struggling to find food that I can eat without having some reaction to. My heart pounding gets more intense after eating meat, and my blood pressure goes into the high range too, although i have noticed this with minced beef, slow cooked lamb, and fried gammon steaks. Perhaps these are the wrong cuts/ways of prepping.
Do you only find H2 antihistamines to help or do you get some relief from anti allergy tablets like citririzine?
Yeah, no, minced, slow cooked and fried meats are higher in histamine.
I made the best experiences with fresh cuts, not dry aged, without much surface exposed and briefly/lightly cooked in water.
Even if it’s not culinarily exciting, it should be easier tolerated.
If you decide to take an antihistamine (and even if you don’t) Betaine HCL may really be a good idea to have before or during your meal...
I didn’t try citririzine (yet, but interestingly my doctor recommended it today against full body itch). Instead I’ve made really great experiences with Famotidine.
Quercetin acts as a mast cell inhibitor and it can be taken half an hour before eating. If you tolerate it. You can get it as a pure powder without fillers and additives. :)

raghav

Your gut motility is low. Ask your GP to prescribe a gut prokinetic. Avoid constipating foods. Ask the doctor to prescribe Cisapride + Simethicone combination. It will take one week before you see improvements.

Jwarrior77

Anybody have constant pounding of their arteries all over their body? Especially in the hands and finger tips? I've been dealing with this well over a year 24/7 and I still haven't gotten used to it. I experience it in my hands, the back of my head, the arteries in my neck, the arteries by my knees, my back, stomach. Literally everywhere. It's one of my worst symptoms. Im constantly aware of my heart beat and pulse.

There seems to be an inflammatory component to it. When my inflammation goes up the intensity gets way worse. I have a fear that this is partly do to rampant inflammation thats damaging my arteries over time. I've wondered if this is related to a form of vasculitis or arteritis but those conditions present differently. Also if I get warmed up it becomes very prominent and my veins and arteries vasodilate making it worse again.

It substantially reduced after cutting out carbohydrates and taking lots of antioxidant supplements and upping my electrolytes. However I had to come back to a more traditional diet and it's just as bad again. I think my official theory is that this is partly due to autonomic dysfunction of the arteries/veins and an inflammatory component that gets triggered. Possibly the gut bacteria are producing some sort of inflammatory compound or even MCAS is contributing to this. Who knows I'm all for more theories on how to reduce this symptom.

I'm just wondering if there is anyone out there that has this as prominent as mine as this is really hard to deal with.

sb4

@Jwarrior77 I have had this for near 10 years now. I also fear it could be causing long term damage to ateries. High BP seems to do this however my BP is that high. Like you, I have also found low carb helps but not much from anything else.

i get these same sensations in my arteries. My pulse can always be felt in my left hand, and occasionally my left leg. I get pain in my left hand which is worse when i have had poor sleep. I feel as though my left hand and leg’s arteries are spasming sometimes, and I saw that this could be described as secondary raynauds syndrome, but I do not have the same reaction to cold temperatures. Does anybody else get this pain/spasming?
i had previously thought that I had an arrhythmia, as my BP monitor would indicate this, but i believe it is just spasming which confuses the algorithm in the monitor into believing that my pulse is irregular (my pulse feels normal in my neck while this is happening)

I am still dealing with this shit every day, people what causes this??? It's ruining my life. I think we might be hypersensitive to something we don't know what, maybe wifi signals can hinder us?

gregh286

I don't know but this is what I deducted from experience
If we are poor metabolic state and we eat our body can't keep up with the distribution and breakdown of all the fuel and sugars. It makes heart rate go high and spike blood pressure. I don't know if it's adrenaline cuased the rise or something else.

The only way to offset this is to use protein shakss by day and food by evening when immune system get tired.and less reactionary.

Inversely a high carb breakfast will fckin kill me.
I had honey and porridge about a week ago after sleeping like 9 hours. Immune system was on high alert. Just turned lactic and I was bollocksed for a day. HR went up and fog arrived. Had to sit in suana for hours to offload lactate.

What happens then is you get arrhythmia because heart and blood flow get out of sync you can get the flutter and slipped.beat crap.

And I'm pretty mild cfs and I can still get nailed.

Carbs MUST be kept at a minimum protein shakes your answer.

Hi.
Not.really because I don't tend to get them at night.
Did you try a. Cold shower.

No coz i can't stand it, i am too sensitive to cold + it's winter now. And i honestly don't think it will help on a long term, maybe just temporarily...

Strawberry

I definitely don’t have (more than normal) neck pain with the pulsing, but it’s while I lay on my neck supporting pillow……. My blood pounds loudly in my ears and feet. Good question and I’m curious to others replies also.

hapl808

I have taken 1g Agmatine Sulfate in the morning today and yesterday from a cheap supplier on ebay. Can't say I notice much, although my heart pounding symptoms have been the best they have been in a long while recently.

Did you continue with agmatine? Since high heart rate is one of my symptoms I've been looking at what I can take. Beta blockers make me feel weird and didn't lower HR enough at the dosage I was taking. Hawthorn doesn't do that much. I only took agmatine a couple times but looking at revisiting that in higher dosages or trying Zyrtec again - trying to decide.