• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Heart Attack from CFS Treatment

Kathi

Esther12, thank-you for your concern. Let's just say the heart attack did nothing to improve my condition, that is for certain. If anything it has been like climbing out of a well with oil slick hands. My EF is now at 35-40% ( 55%-75% normal) , so I am out of defibrillator territory. The left ventricular function is abnormal. The entire apex and mid and distal anterior septum are akinetic. ( don't move) The mid lateral wall is hypokinetic. The mid anterior , mid posterior wall , mid inferior wall and mid inferoseptum are severely hypokinetic. I am in systolic and diastolic heart failure. So what Dr. Pierotti / Dr. Teitelbaum's Fibro and Fatigue Center did was detrimental to my longevity, according to Dr.Cheney. This is really unfortunate because I have always maintained a healthy life style... There was no way I was having a heart attack until I met the Fibro and Fatigue Centers.

All of this is on top of having CFIDS/ME/ mold/biotoxin illness. I was tested and I have the dreaded genes that do not allow me to detox toxins from my body... 4 3 53.... I have MARCONS , as tested in my nasal passages , which is an antibiotic resistant staff. And Dr. Pierotti thought I wasn't sick.. I was a hormone only patient. If this isn't a case of true medical negligence, then nothing is.

Kathi

Sing, I did go before the CFS Advisory Committee last May10,2011 with the message of what happened to me. I try to speak out when I can...

I hope things improve for you Kathi, and thanks for reminding everyone else of the dangers of following treatment protocols just on the advice of a doctor. It is hard to know what's best with a diagnosis like CFS.

Kathi

Sing your words are very very meaningful to me and I take them to my heart. This illness is difficult enough, you don't need misguided doctors messing it up more.... as they have done to me. Monies are tight and I have seen some people lose their homes because they paid for care at the Fibro and Fatigue Center , rather than pay their mortgage. If I can alert others, so something like this doesn't happen, then I feel good about that. Keeping this to myself would do no one any good. And perhaps more will be harmed. We are between a rock and a hard place as you say. My brother was a family physician and knew nothing about this illness. He learned from my research and helped his patients through me.

When I called the Academy of Family Physicians in Kansas they were telling me that doctors weren't interested in continuing education credits in this field. I told them they are misdiagnosing patients right and left and sometimes harming them. It was if I were talking to the wall. But I will continue to help when and where I can. That is why I went to Washington DC.