• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Have you tested for Enterovirus B? (+which lab, +results) POLL

Have you tested for Enterovirus B? If so, please select the most appropriate option(s)

• Coxsackie B (not Echovirus) via ARUP labs - Results NORMAL

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Echovirus (not Coxsackie) via ARUP labs - Results ABNORMAL

• Coxsackie B & Echovirus via Quest or LabCorp - Results ABNORMAL

• Echovirus (not Coxsackie) via Quest or LabCorp - Results NORMAL

• Echovirus (not Coxsackie) via Quest or LabCorp - Results ABNORMAL

• Coxsackie B & Echovirus via lab other than ARUP, Quest, or LabCorp - Results NORMAL

• Coxsackie B (not Echovirus) via lab other than ARUP, Quest, or LabCorp - Results NORMAL

• Echovirus (not Coxsackie) via lab other than ARUP, Quest, or LabCorp - Results NORMAL

• Echovirus (not Coxsackie) via lab other than ARUP, Quest, or LabCorp - Results ABNORMAL

• Total voters

godlovesatrier

I wish we had the same poll for healthy controls…

That was my thought too. Is it another one where we get this in healthy patients too and it causes no symptoms at all. I am thinking of lyme here, although the armin lab results for healthy people that came back positive didn't mean a lot as they were ELISA based tests.

sometexan84

I wish we had the same poll for healthy controls…
That was my thought too. Is it another one where we get this in healthy patients too and it causes no symptoms at all. I am thinking of lyme here, although the armin lab results for healthy people that came back positive didn't mean a lot as they were ELISA based tests.
No, not in healthy patients. See Hips earlier post, linking to https://forums.phoenixrising.me/thr...onths-false-positive.57145/page-2#post-950236

Here's the chart from that thread...

Enterovirus antibody titers of ME/CFS patients versus healthy controls
dr-john-chia-invest-in-me-2009-london-conference-antibody-titers-png.32301

Springbok1988

For the ARUP lab tests, we do have the heathy control data: see the presentation slide in this post.

You can see that out of 150 healthy controls, all but 13 healthies had titers of 1:80 or less on the ARUP lab CVB and echovirus tests.
Thank you, Hip! I wish I had this when trying to convince my infectious disease doctor that my ARUP results meant something.

sometexan84

Bumping this older poll thread to see if anyone else is able to give a response.

Remains 11 of 13 have Abnormal results

If you don't count the Quest/LabCorp tests (because they just test the acute infection, which we don't have)