• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Have you had a clot or labs that show a hypercoagulative state?

Have you had a blood clot or labs showing hypercoagulation potential?

• I have had a clot (could be in extremities, brain, lung, heart or other)

Votes: 4 10.5%
  • I have had labs which show increased coagulation potential (please let us know which ones)

Votes: 11 28.9%
  • I have had both a clot and abnormal coagulation labs

Votes: 2 5.3%
  • I have not had a clot or abnormal coagulation labs

Votes: 9 23.7%
  • My ESR (Sed Rate) is very low <3

Votes: 19 50.0%
  • My ESR is within normal, but >3

Votes: 6 15.8%
  • My ESR is above the reference range

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • I have not had coagulation tests

Votes: 6 15.8%
  • I have not had my ESR tested

Votes: 2 5.3%

• Total voters

Shanti1

Administrator
Would these markers be something a hematology clinic would test for? I just got a referral to an oncology/hematology clinic.

All my former lab results are gone due to a cruel boss…. I need to know where to start over in testing.
The anti-phospholipid antibodies (anti-glycoprotein and anti-cardiolipin) and the other markers from Berg's study (Fibrin, Prothrombin Fragment 1+2, Thrombin/ AntiThrombin Complexes, Soluble Fibrin Monomer) are something a hematologist, or any doctor, should be able to order, but a hematologist may be more familiar.

Countrygirl

I just checked which genetic blood clotting factor I have and it is

PROTHROMBIN G20210A (FACTOR II MUTATION)

• People who have a mutation in the prothrombin gene produce more prothrombin protein than is normal. Since there is more of the prothrombin protein in the blood, this increases the tendency to form clots.