• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Has testosterone ever been a treatment?

Guwop2

I’ve just come across this Guardian article on the gender bias when it comes to contracting chronic disease (such as ME/CFS and Long Covid). Seems higher levels of oestrogen might be a contributing factor. Was just wondering if taking testosterone in some form has been tried yet as a treatment for us? (as a male, this may be worth trying, though of course for women Perhaps supplementing with T may be undesirable).

Martin aka paused||M.E.

I’ve just come across this Guardian article on the gender bias when it comes to contracting chronic disease (such as ME/CFS and Long Covid). Seems higher levels of oestrogen might be a contributing factor. Was just wondering if taking testosterone in some form has been tried yet as a treatment for us? (as a male, this may be worth trying, though of course for women Perhaps supplementing with T may be undesirable).
Dr. Bieger does, when levels are low. He always tests for it. I've never been low so I don't know if that would help. Unfortunately, testosterone has many horrible side effects

heapsreal

iherb 10% discount code OPA989,
Testosterone can help males. Males also need some estrogen, which they get when testosterone aromatizes to estrogen. So sometimrs increasing a males T can actually increase their estrogen.

Aidan Walsh

Dr. Bieger does, when levels are low. He always tests for it. I've never been low so I don't know if that would help. Unfortunately, testosterone has many horrible side effects

I recall 2 different people with ME/CFS, his Doctor checked his Growth hormone & Testosterone both low normals the other one was low in one. They both became well with replacements. One mentioned if either hormone is off the other one will not function properly. Not sure if one took Anabolic hormones

Martin aka paused||M.E.

I recall 2 different people with ME/CFS, his Doctor checked his Growth hormone & Testosterone both low normals the other one was low in one. They both became well with replacements. One mentioned if either hormone is off the other one will not function properly. Not sure if one took Anabolic hormones
There are a few sexual hormones that could be involved and are done by Bieger. I remember T, FAI, LH, TSH, pregnenolone, and as -sulfate… (for the males)
He is highly experienced… you can watch him on YouTube maybe with auto subtitles … now he mostly works with Abilify afaik

Aidan Walsh

There are a few sexual hormones that could be involved and are done by Bieger. I remember T, FAI, LH, TSH, pregnenolone, and as -sulfate… (for the males)
He is highly experienced… you can watch him on YouTube maybe with auto subtitles … now he mostly works with Abilify afaik

What was his full name or the titles of his Youtube Videos Martin?

He doesn't see new patients... He is 75
Hi Martin im travelling to Munich on the 28th of June, and was really hoping to see Dr Biegler, and just seen this post where you mention that he is not seeing new patients. Do you have any recommendations of where in Germany (close to Munich ideal) I can get the most thorough immunologic and viral testing done? I heard his clinic was good for this