• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Has anyone tried Oxaloacetate and was it helpful?

Springbok1988

I tried it and found a very mild benefit but it wasn’t worth the cost. It stopped working for me after a while and I haven’t tried it again since.

JES

I got quite interesting effects from plain oxalate found in spinach. When I trialed a portion of spinach on an empty stomach I experienced a dramatic surge of energy about 30 to 60 minutes later, which I can only attribute to the oxalate, probably by being part of the citric acid cycle.

I eventually had to stop spinach due to kidney pain and other issues, so this was unfortunately more of a short-term hack as most of the temporary improvement producing fixes tend to be. I had a hard time finding oxaloacetate supplements and at the dose needed to produce a similar effect they would have been very expensive, but I trialed them once and they didn't seem to work any better than plain oxalate for me.

Back