• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Has anyone taken Monolaurin as an anti-viral?

Jwarrior77

Do you guys take monolaurin on an empty stomach or with food? I know it says to take with food on container but was wondering if taking it by itself would yield better results?

Gingergrrl

Because it works by destroying Biofilms in the body

I wrote this thread (and the words you quoted me above) back in 2014 and it is weird seeing it again b/c I am in such a different place now! I do remember though that the Monolaurin was one of the few supplements that had any impact from the naturopath that I saw briefly at that time (before I found my main doctor who I still see today).

mrmichaelfreedmen

Different place - better or worse?

Sorry didn't have the energy to read every post before posted. I herx when eating to much coconut oil(have a fungal & EV infection). I leaned yesterday that NAC helps eradicate fungus Biofilm in combination with a systemic antifungal medication.

godlovesatrier

I've just started tryin gout lauricidin. A whole scoop gives me full on flu like symptoms that require a 4 hour sleep to get over. But a quarter scoop seeems tolerable. I think I would rather take andrographis for a virus or flu/cold, purely because I know it works and I don't believe it kills any good bacteria.

But the debate with laurcidin seems to be, does it kill good as well as bad? I can't figure that out through my research.

Swim15

The amount of coconut oil you’d need to take to get the same amount of monolaurin would be impossible for those asking.

Start the dose low and work your way up - 9,000mg (3 scoops) seems to be a good spot for people who are going to respond to it.

I think I noticed some beneficial effects the first time I used it but just started back on it and going to work up to the three scoop dose.