• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Has anyone reagained the ability to read?

gbells

Improved ME from 2 to 6
Valcyte killed my persistent brain fog so I should read again.

Montoya's reseach showing that they didn't have a statistically significant effect at 6 months caused medicine to stop approving antivirals to treat ME. Doctors doing it are off label.

I don't think they are necessary if the checkpoints are not inhibited. Given their expense and the difficulty finding a doctor who is willing to go against the concensus and prescribe them, I'm glad that another approach could be effective, whether it is targeted supplements or a modified DRACO-VTose with caspase 7. The body's normal response to viruses is to kill off the cell with apoptosis and most ME patients develop it after viral infections so this is a great area to research.