• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Has anyone read "The Medical Medium"

Rufous McKinney

I now have quality of life. No more POTS or orthostatic intolerance (huge for me),no more 24/7 flu-like feeling, pins and needles, pain in joints, pain in muscles improvement by 75%............no more Trigeminal nerve pain. The healing path was a challenge for sure.............but so worth it. All the best to you too!

Is this still helping you? Are you still on these protocols?

Abrin

Fair enough

Just to clarify my own personal stance, I think that 'Medical Medium' has been useful to a subset of people. If someone says that is their lived experience then I will believe them. But I've also seen a subset of people who say that they didn't find it helpful and in some cases actually made them worse --- so I also believe their lived experience as well.

If there is one thing I know from being in the ME/CFS community and experiencing this illness as long as I have, the list of things that people have said that have helped them is so varied from person to person and doesn't seem universal.

If there is a second thing that I know from being in the ME/CFS community and experiencing this illness as long as I have, the list of random things that end up causing huge setbacks for people are also varied from person to person as well.

So, lottery or car crash? This illness is so damn mysterious, all you can do is inform yourself the best you can and hope for the best. :/