• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Has anyone injected a supplement?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alvin2

The good news is patients don't die the bad news..
*Sigh*

The benefits of some vitamins can't possibly be worth the risk of killing yourself.
Your Reddit friends are not doctors no matter how smart they think they are.

Not to be harsh but I don't want to see the moderators having to write your obituary.

I understand that we all feel desperate to feel better but grasping at dangerous straws is not the answer.
I was going to say something similar to this but not in such diplomatic language.

Its been nice knowing you OP, a piece of advice, if you don't have a Will your estate ends up in court and its an expensive and messy process. A legally written Will costs money in most if not all countries but its false economy to not write one and let the courts handle it later.

Also you should designate your Power of Attorney and resuscitation wishes.

godlovesatrier

Andrographis paniculata is a herb which regulates digestion and kills parasites (if you have any). It also slightly lowers blood pressure and modulates the immune system over time. I'm not sure about it's anti bacterial qualities but to be honest I would be amazed if it didn't balance bacteria because it's so so bitter it must do.

If you want to try this the best brands are Pukka brand (freshest and best extract). Second best I've found is pipingrock.com. There's is second in freshness and potency. I've tried all the other brands which didn't do much for me. Andro powder is grass green if you buy it in fresh powder form. But I don't recommend taking it this way as for me at least it caused some unpleasant reactions. But the tablet forms are ok.

I generally take andro for stomach issues. If this is what you feel you've got. Lauricidin will also kill off bacteria in the gut both good and bad. However because it seems to reduce ebv levels where nothing else will I take 3 scoops of this per day. Just a word of warning don't take andro and lauricidin together. It doesn't mix with most things and is an unpleasant trip to the bathroom!

Andro also gives mild pain relief easing aches and pains and lowering temperature and swelling in glands.

heapsreal

iherb 10% discount code OPA989,
Intramuscular injections should be able to do with a small amount of training. What you could do is b12 shots or multi-B shots. I wouldnt try IM shots of vit C and it hurt so bad i may have push 1/4 of a ml in. Its slower than IV but it bypasses the gut and can raise blood levels significantly. High doses of b vitamins to seem to be an issue either, quite safe.

fishboy9320

Intramuscular injections should be able to do with a small amount of training. What you could do is b12 shots or multi-B shots. I wouldnt try IM shots of vit C and it hurt so bad i may have push 1/4 of a ml in. Its slower than IV but it bypasses the gut and can raise blood levels significantly. High doses of b vitamins to seem to be an issue either, quite safe.
You have done this exact thing that im talking about?

Mary

Moderator Resource
The million dollar question is ---- a small amount of training from whom?
Actually doing intramuscular injections is not difficult. I did it with B12. I can't remember if my doctor's office showed me how to do it, or just told me how to do it. It's completely different than doing an IV. People with diabetes do insulin IM injections daily. So if a product was designed for IM injection, I think it would be much safer than trying to do it by IV. I just did the B12 injections in my thigh. I'm not giving instructions here, just saying what I did.

I don't know if the IM vitamins would have to be by prescription - my B12 was by prescription from my doctor and made by a compounding pharmacy.

Mary

Moderator Resource
@fishboy9320 - I think it would be good to try taking vitamins sublingually first. It's safe, and cheaper and easier than trying to do injections of some type. I did intramuscular injections of B12 for a couple of years - 3 x a week, I believe it was 5000 mcg of methylcobalamin each time, though one time I tried IM hydroxocobalamin. Anyways, I never noticed a difference doing this and finally gave up on them. This was by prescription from doctor and prepared by a compounding pharmacy. It was a also a bit pricey - my insurance didn't cover it.

Then I tried sublingual lozenges and had trouble waiting for them to dissolve in my mouth!

Finally I went to taking liquid methylcobalamin sublingually, and when I took 5000 mcg. 2 x a day - I finally felt a boost from it. There are lots of liquid vitamin products available and I think if you tried holding it in your mouth for a minute or two before swallowing, your absorption might be pretty good. Several years ago my sister who had been vegetarian for many years started developing neurological symptoms - tingling, burning, numbness on various parts of her body, the sensations would move around. She had crap insurance which wouldn't pay for anything so I suggested she try B12 to see if it helped. She took this product and within a week her symptoms were going away - it seems to be a good product and I think definitely worth a try!

Some liquid B12 products I've had good results with are:

AmazonSmile: Kal 2500 Mcg B-12, Grape, 2 Fluid Ounce: Health & Personal Care

AmazonSmile: BlueBonnet Nutrition Liquid Cellular Active Methycobalamin, Raspberry, 2 Fl Oz (Pack of 1): Health & Personal Care

AmazonSmile: Organic Vitamin B12 Liquid - Extra Strength 60 x 5000mcg Drops (Methylcobalamin), w/ Natural Cherry Flavor | Designed to Maximize Absorption & Energy | Vegan, Gluten & GMO-Free: Health & Personal Care

Booble

Those sound like really good options, Mary. I might try them too.

This description is interesting:

Compare your current B12's Supplement Facts label to ours, and see why Why Not Natural B12 is #1!

- NEW alcohol-free and organic formula w/ improved flavor
- 5,000mcg of B-12 in every dose
- Readily bioactive Methylcobalamin (methyl) form of B-12 (unlike cyanocobalamin)
- Graduated dropper for easy measurement
- Contains NO cyanide or toxic ingredients, sorbates, benzoates, etc.
- NO artificial colors, flavors or preservatives
- Vegan, Gluten-free & Non-GMO
- Say goodbye to needles, shots, injections, and pills

Kind of freaky that some supplements contain cyanide!

YippeeKi YOW !!

Kind of freaky that some supplements contain cyanide!
If it's any consolation, a lot of asolutely natural foods contain cyanide. According to the CDC, "Certain bacteria, fungi, and algae can produce cyanide, and cyanide is found in a number of foods and plants. In certain plant foods, including almonds, millet sprouts, lima beans, soy, spinach, bamboo shoots, and cassava roots (which are a major source of food in tropical countries), cyanides occur naturally as part of sugars or other naturally-occurring compounds. However, the edible parts of plants that are eaten in the United States, including tapioca which is made from cassava roots, contain relatively low amounts of cyanide."

Further, according to a Toxicological Profile for Cyanide, "The cyanide content in certain varieties of lima beans can be as high as 3 mg/g...although values between 0.10 and 0.17 mg/g are common in U.S. lima beans...Much lower cyanide concentrations in various cereal grains and cereal products have been reported, ranging from 0.001 to 0.45 mcg/g...Mean cyanide concentrations in soybean products have been found to range from 0.07 to 0.3 pg/g." The more they are cooked, the less cyanide they contain. That "common" value reported for U.S. lima beans is according to the EPA.

Cyanide is also the byproduct of certain types of sugar metaboloses, so it's pretty much everywhere, in everything, all the time, in very small amounts.

And so long as the amounts stay small, your body has efficient ways of dealing with it, and does so pretty much 24/7. It's excreted thru the action of the liver and the enzyme rhodanese, which catalyzes the conversion of cyanide into thiocyanate, and the it's trundled out of the body mostly in the urine. The Mayo Clinic states that normal blood concentration of cyanide is 0.2 mcg/mL or less, and since the average adult human has approximately 4.7 liters of blood, that indicates that the average adult is walking around with as much as 940 mcg of cyanide, just in the blood alone, with possibly more being treated for outbound transport in the liver and kidneys.

Cyanocobalamin B-12 is said to be safe, and is touted as being one of the most bioavailable forms around. But since it's also cheaper to manufacture and more shelf stable and temperature resistant, you'll have to come to your own conclusions about how valid that estimate of bioavailabilty is. And if you have the MTHFR gene, you wont be able to utilize it pretty much at all.

I've always felt that methylcobalamin is the best bet, with or without MTHFR ...

But at least you dont have to worry about the cyanide any more, yes? No? Maybe?

fishboy9320

My health is so bad no other route will work, my body just wont pick it up. And I have tried all of them. The only route that worked was inhaling vitamins via a vape but that is very inefficient because how small doses are and how many times you need to inhale. And I have tried supplements specifically made for sublingual too if it makes any difference but i dont think it does. If there was some sort of vitamin supplement like DMSO which forces itself into your body without your body having to do anything, because when I tried DMSO on my skin I felt it work. And I did try DMSO mixed with vitamins but that didnt work, it has to be done in a lab i think to attach it so it follows with the dmso. Arent nerves responsible for picking up things sublingually? and if your deficient in b12 which is involved in nerve function it would probably not work then. btw DMSO is a rapidly penetrating molecule . you think id be dead if my health was that bad but im somehow not. i dont come off that way probably either because of mind strength holding it together. But my body priorities other nerves inside of my body over the ones in my mouth, nose etc to function properly. when your body priorities one function over others you know its bad.

Last edited:

fishboy9320

Yes, many mostly with b12.
Oh nice! this encourages me more. You actually felt an effect too like more energy from the b12 shots, i assume yes otherwise you wouldnt do it many times. ? weird that vitamin c made you feel bad,maybe detox.- I will be doing IV injections though because ive had doctors do it to me before.

Or was it that you injected wrong way that hurt when doing vitamin c or too much ML? My supplement i want to try has 10ml per serving, so I have to inject 10ml. But the banana bags i got injected at the iv therapy place contained like 100 ml which got injected but it was slowly.

Last edited:

Mary

Moderator Resource
if your deficient in b12 which is involved in nerve function it would probably not work then
Have you tried sublingual B12? The shots did next to nothing for me. The sublingual liquid B12 was very effective. It's cheap. I strongly you to just try one bottle. You might be very surprised.

Hip

My health is so bad no other route will work, my body just wont pick it up. And I have tried all of them. The only route that worked was inhaling vitamins via a vape but that is very inefficient because how small doses are and how many times you need to inhale.

Except for vitamins like B12, vitamins are generally well absorbed, unless you have a medical condition that prevents vitamin absorption in your gut. So barring some absorption issues in your gut, it does not make much sense that you would benefit from vitamin injections, but not benefit from oral vitamin supplementation.

Oral B12 is hard to get into the body, because it depends on a substance called intrinsic factor being present in the stomach, and the stomach only makes small amounts of this.

So you could consider something like the Australian vitamin B12 oils that @Mary mentioned above, which actually provide a systemic bloodstream dose higher than an injection. These B12 oils are based on a special skin permeation enhancer which pulls B12 through the skin.

Otherwise, you can buy B12 injections here.

Note that patients with celiac disease are often deficient in many vitamins, due to gut damage preventing vitamin absorption. Celiac disease can produce symptoms very similar to those of ME/CFS, and some celiac patients are wrongly diagnosed with ME/CFS, which is tragic, as celiac is very treatable: you just have to stop eating gluten, and the gut heals on its own, and the disease get much better.

Have you ruled out celiac disease as being the possible cause of your symptoms?

Status
Not open for further replies.