Has anyone been helped by Vagus nerve stimulation?

Bansaw

Just wondering about this. I know that I have gut disbiosis, and heard devices that stimulate the vagus nerve can help in many cases.
Anyone tried it, and can anyone recommend an affordable device?
I am wary of speding $500 on a device that does not work for me and I'm stuck with it.

kangaSue

Just wondering about this. I know that I have gut disbiosis, and heard devices that stimulate the vagus nerve can help in many cases.
Anyone tried it, and can anyone recommend an affordable device?
I am wary of speding $500 on a device that does not work for me and I'm stuck with it.
There was a few different vagus nerve stimulating devices discussed here https://www.inspire.com/kangaSue/journal/portable-vagus-nerve-stimulator-for-gastroparesis-1/
I haven't tried any of the devices discussed because I have an experimental gastric pacemaker and have been advised that it's not known if it's compatible with other electrical field generators but I know of a couple of people with gastroparesis who have tried the Gammacore device without success.

junkcrap50

Yes, I've tried TRANS-CUTANEOUS vagus nerve stimulation. DO NOT SPEND $500 on a machine. There is definitely no need to spend that much. If you look closely at the papers for transcutaneous vagus never stimulation, you can find the exact TENS device they used, I believe it costs around $50. I looked at it and all the features it has and bought a TENS device similar to it that had all the same features.

It didn't seem to do much for me, but I didn't stick with it past 3 weeks or so. I also don't seem to have many vagal symptoms like POTS or anything else.

If you have any questions, just ask and I will answer them the best I can.

PS: there is scientific evidence of this and it does work.

Hi! I've bought the TENs thing for my wife (she is ME) and tried first it on myself with the following settings 20 HZ 100 ms and 1 second on and 1 second off for 15 min in general. Actually I didn't expect such a strong effect. I wouldn't say it was great. For the right ear I felt like something is happening with my heart and some symptoms of the upcoming unconsciousness. As for the left ear I felt like something is happening with my nerves. I can't explain even. I'm a little afraid to try it on my wife. Where can I read about vagus nerve stimulation for ME? Which ear is the best to use, which parameters to set?