• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Has anybody started following Dr. Mikovits's suggestions RE Therapy?

Of all the vitamins/supplements you take you have been helped most by:

• Vitamin C

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • B12

Votes: 6 33.3%
  • Glutathione

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • N-Actyl Cysteine

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Immune Enchancing Supplement (e.g. supports NK cells)

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Anti-inflammatory (e.g. Non-steroidal Anti-Inflammatories/ NSAIDs)

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Other

Votes: 12 66.7%

• Total voters

ukxmrv

I'm XMRV+ and if my health problems were solved or even helped by B12, Vit C, Glutathione, NAC etc then I would have been cured or had better functionality a very long time ago. My heart sinks when I see a list of all the common things mentioned on CFS lists for years and years.

For me, I can experiment with some of the Nsaids and NK / immune enhancing drugs (if I can afford to buy them) but I think that the answer will only come over time and for me, is going to be different or specific to the XMRV.

In the poll there was no option for no change or made worse. I'd be ticking a lot of boxes then.

oerganix

CoQ10 at 200mg/day is absolutely imperative for me
NADH at 5mg/day, plus a sublingual prior to physical activity such as walking, make all the difference in the world in my energy level
Zinc 50mg/day to ward off repeated bacterial infections, especially strep throat
Vitamin C
aspirin for headaches and pain
yogurt every day
in the past: the Marshall Protocol of pulsed antibiotics got rid of my MCS and horrible back pain, didn't help with energy or PEM