• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Had my MRI

This could be CCI. I’m getting the report back tomorrow.

Attachments

• 1F12266F-E236-40C3-AB65-F30ACE134E1B.jpeg
    1F12266F-E236-40C3-AB65-F30ACE134E1B.jpeg
    200.3 KB · Views: 39

JES

The resolution of the image looks a bit poor, which may make it hard to measure things. Was that a brain or cervical MRI? Doctors who are experts in diagnosing CCI typically want a cervical T2 weighted MRI image like the one I did below. If they gave you a DVD you can usually select different slices from the three planes.

Hopefully you get a reply from the doctor, but to my layman's eyes it would seem very difficult to diagnose or exclude CCI based on the attached image.

Attachments

• Cervical_MRI_JES.png
    Cervical_MRI_JES.png
    667.8 KB · Views: 18
The resolution of the image looks a bit poor, which may make it hard to measure things. Was that a brain or cervical MRI? Doctors who are experts in diagnosing CCI typically want a cervical T2 weighted MRI image like the one I did below. If they gave you a DVD you can usually select different slices from the three planes.

Hopefully you get a reply from the doctor, but to my layman's eyes it would seem very difficult to diagnose or exclude CCI based on the attached image.
It was a brain MRI