• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Had my first COVID vaccine January 18th

andyguitar

I know about a dozen people who have had the jab now. Only adverse reaction i've heard of has been sore arm. But.... there is an elderly man that lives near me and his wife (who has dementia and lives in a care home) had the jab a month ago. She tested positive for covid a few days ago. But she only has mild symptoms. So the jab might have saved her life.

starlily88

Fauci reacted to the second dose too:
Jennifer Jacobs (@JenniferJJacobs) Tweeted:
Asked if he had 2nd dose of coronavirus vaccine, Dr Fauci told us: “I did. I had it on the 19th. I was hoping that I wouldn’t get too knocked out. I did for about 24 hours. Now I’m fine.”

Thanks Sushi for posting Fauci's 2nd response. I looked at the tweets - most got what we (or at least I) have everyday, fatigue, chills, achy muscles. If we get reaction, it will be just like our ME/CFS!

I had my first shot of Phizer vaccine yesterday and my symptoms were similar, but milder, to those I had when my CFS started. I have chronic coxsakie B2 and B4 pancreatic infection and I felt my pancreas reacting, nausea, chills, fatigue, epigastric pain, intestinal spasms. Luckily, it wasn’t the dying feeling I had 2 years ago, but I am certain that the second shot will be severe. I am scared to do it, but I have to.
An update (36h after the shot): I woke up free of the “viral” symptoms today, but my stomach pain persists. This is a chronic problem though, so I can’t be sure if it is the vaccine or sth I ate.

Last edited:
First Pfizer shot end of Ferruary, second shot mid March. Never felt better... until June 10th, when previous symptoms came back and new symptoms appeared. Been sick since June 10th. Unemployed and running out of payments in early September. Stress is not helping me.