• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Gut Bacteria Linked to Depression Identified

DogLover

@jimbo266

Thanks for looking that up for me! I guess when a researcher says "consistent" they mean it.

Is it me or does everything seem to lead back to a few things:
1. B12, B6, C, Zinc, D, A
2. Inflammation
3. Gut health

That's really interesting. I have been taking 4-4.5 grams of EPA/DHA daily, along with prebiotics, for about 8 months. So my Coprococcus should be really happy and flourishing! :):thumbsup:

They say not to take Omega 3's if you test pos for pyrrole disorder (me). I wonder if Omega6 's would work? I take Evening Primrose Oil.

Have you ever had problems with depression?

Last edited:

ljimbo423

Thanks for looking that up for me!

Happy to help when I can!

s it me or does everything seem to lead back to a few things:
1. B12, B6, C, Zinc, D, A
2. Inflammation
3. Gut health

I think the need for B12, B6, C, Zinc, D and A vary from person to person. There is a strong connection of Inflammation and gut health to chronic disease and even anxiety and depression.

New research is coming out regularly, that shows a growing connection of Inflammation and gut health to chronic disease, anxiety and depression.

Jackb23

@Jackb23, @ljimbo423, @Rufous McKinney

"They identified specific groups of microorganisms that positively or negatively correlated with mental health. The authors found that two bacterial genera, Coprococcus and Dialister, were consistently depleted in individuals with depression, regardless of antidepressant treatment. "

I wonder what "consistently" means?

I think it means that within that cohort (the group of interest), the participants were found to each contribute to the trend of depleted “bacterial genera.” The group of interest probably didn’t have the same amount of depletion between each participant, their levels were all unique and disparate from one another, but they did all tend to lean towards a particular direction which may be indicative of a relationship between the depletion of certain bacteria and mental health.