• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Growth Hormone

Michael Dessin

R/Angel

R--Anything I took that was a methyl donor in any fashion crushed me.
Yasko's is a very time consuming protocol. However their are handful of folks who do eventually see a difference on her program.

Angel--All I took for my high mycoplamsa and viral issues were homeopathics.

Some folks at my clinic add Doxy or anti-virals to the program.

I choose homeopathics because there is no toxicity.

Mike

R**

I think I need to stay away from methyl donors, excitotoxins and reduce ammonia. I think she is right about that for me. I dont think it will be good for me to get too caught up in the program, but the knowledge is amazing.. the methlation cycle itself.. then reading The Genie in Your Genes.. the author talks about how traumas trigger this cycle that does include methylation.. methylaion is in the cycle that creates more trauma to push the cycle even harder.

I want to go so much faster and this program is teaching me to slow down and breath in an odd way, when not stressing over doing it right.

I also keep thinking about the epigenetics factors/tools that are not chemical, like homeopathy, energetics, etc. When the body can calm down, I think it can start reparing.

This happened to my sister, who was bedridden for years. She lost the use of her leg, had extreme dysautonomias.. very sick.. not as sick as you, very sick. She had a near death experience and began to heal.. slower than you. It took a few years, I think. She had no one to heal her, no doctor, not long term relationship with any sort of healer. She worked trigger points and lymph.. focused on the base of her neck and scar tissue with her fingers.. which were very energetic. She also used a trinity table which puts you into delta state with a gentle rocking and yes spinning motion.. I dont know how she tolerated, but she did. She was also working with someone who was also energetically gifted when she was first recovery.. maybe for a month.

I am repeating, but her story has had such an impact on me, stunning, mindboggling.. how could it not be. How could she not have what we all have? We thought she had multiple system failure... she had a stroke and died. No doctor knew.. she self diagnosed, but a scan following a skating accident where she feel flat on her head (once recovered) revealed a dark spot (not at the place of her new injury, which healed at such a speed, the doctors were amazed) where she said she had the stroke which lead to her NDE, which changed her perspective.. she no longer feared dying or her symptoms. Her hands became her energetic tools.

There have to be more stories like this. Not exactly, but ...

Methy donor/homeopathy for mycoplasma

Hi Mike:
I have not been able to visit a Dr of homeopathy for years. What homeopathy remedies do they recommend for mycoplasma?

Also, I am not familiar with the term methyl donor? Could you briefly explain?

Michael Dessin

Angel/R

Hey Angel, heres a link where you can learn more about methyl donors
http://www.raysahelian.com/methyl.html

I think the naturopath you choose should have options for homeopathics that target mycoplasmas. Actually gonna ask doc Thursday and will let you know what he says, remind me to share with you, what he says.

R-- Wow!! Thanks so much for sharing that story about your sister.

As you have seen, the power of energy based healing is incredible. To this day I'm still in disbelief, of how fast my body is recovering, at an unfathomable rate.

You mentioned trigger points, Lymph and areas of the neck, in describing what your sister focused on.

All my treatments are energy based with focus on those areas as well.

Thanks!

Mike

R**

Thats what struck me, Mike. I dont think I can view all this the same after her experience. Now add yours to that.

She showed me specifically how she used trigger point (her version) to work scar tissue and lymph and other points that she figured out somehow. Her neck she showed me... had me feel the dip at the base of the neck.. it had been swollen for Im sure years. She has too small an opening at the base of her neck and her arteries (veins?) running up are too small as well. She is also missing some vein in her brain.

She purchased a few medical books, books on trigger point and figured it out herself. Her change in perspective she thought was very important. Hers was also a spiritual experience.

She worked with people for a while, but felt she needed to let that go to get back to her life with her children.

She was very much gifted energetically when she was using her gifts. The table helped settle her ANS, I think. There was a shift energetically in the body that you cannot talk yourself into or out of. She laughs alot. She feels less burdened.

She also cannot do this for me. Beyond the speed of your recovery, thats another huge difference.

Robin

R-- Wow!! Thanks so much for sharing that story about your sister.

As you have seen, the power of energy based healing is incredible. To this day I'm still in disbelief, of how fast my body is recovering, at an unfathomable rate.

You mentioned trigger points, Lymph and areas of the neck, in describing what your sister focused on.

All my treatments are energy based with focus on those areas as well.

Thanks!

Mike

R**

I am COMT ++. ++ which means I am supposedly a slow methylator. Additional methyl groups that are I think in DMG, TMG, SAM-E, Folic Acid, Methyl B12 can burden my body...? Still learning this.

Too many methyls create more dopamine which causes mood swings and I am not sure what else.

I can take hydroxy and adeno B12 and folopro is recommended low dose as well as SAM-e low dose. It was explained to me like a cup.. you dont want to over fill it, so choose wisely.

Methyl B12 or SAM-e.. better get the B12 from another source and get the SAM-2 in. Low dose TMG as well..

I am not sure if possibly when the methylatio cycle is working short cut and long way around if methyls can ever be highly tolerated when one has COMT ++ , COMT ++ like I do.

I am a bit upset that garlic and onions are methyl donors. Im not sure what to do with that.

Robin

methyl donors

Hey Robin:

I think I understood a fraction of that. This would be information that I would not understand or have information about concerning my body.

Thanks for explaining.

Wayne

She also used a trinity table which puts you into delta state with a gentle rocking and yes spinning motion..

she had a stroke and died.

Hi Robin,

I'm pretty fascinated by your account of how your sister was able to somehow do what sounds like some pretty amazing things for herself. I have a number of questions, but I'll just start out with a couple.

Could you explain just a bit what a trinity table is? Also, were you referring to your sister who had a stroke and died?

Thanks much, Wayne

R**

Angel,

I took Dr. Amy Yaskos nutrigenomic test. It indicated that I have mutations on both sets of DNA from mom and dad for two COMT genes, so I am COMT++ and COMT ++. Each COMT genes has a number, but I am too lazy to look those up.

Folks who are COMT++ are under methylators. That means we dont need the methyl groups that others do to detox.. like a lot of dsma, for example. It also means we cannont tolerate more methyl donors.

Methyl donors effect dopamine in some way.. we tend to have more dopamine, which is good, but somehow it gets to swinging.. like mood swings. the methyls can exacerbate for some reason I still do not understand.

I am not sure why Mike could not tolerate them in the beginning.. maybe same reason or just too much detox at once.

I wish I knew this better so I could explain it better...

Jody

I am also very confused and angry.. why some people heal and others dont. Its not good vs evil. Why her and not me? Why me and not him? Its not who tries the hardest and who does not.

I agree with your thoughts on this. It's not who tries the hardest. It may be who happens to come across the right way to bring it about. Maybe.

Some of my questions have been, if I have seen, and helped deliberately bring about surprising healings -- and I have -- then why are we still so sick and why are we still poor?

But I think the answer may simply be, some challenges are bigger than others, and they take ... longer ... and they take ... more.

I often have had this whole business shocked back to light by ideas I come across of other people's. This helps to push past the suspicion that it was all a delusion and an illusion -- I used to go to a wild little pentecostal church where ... real stuff happened but also alot of nonsense. I have a deeply ingrained dread of being ... nonsense.

Nevertheless, when this thing gets sparked back up like tonight, I feel a gut level certainty that this stuff is gold and should not be discarded just because I don't understand it all. And just because I have ... issues about where and how I experienced it ...

The fact that you are not couching this in religious terms is very encouraging to me.

Bruce Lipton and other claim that chemical messages are inferior to energetic messages.. thoughts, states of being..

Don't know what he means by chemical and energetic messages.

Another author.. cannot remember his name.. talks about how you cant think yourself well. wellness is a state of being..

I think this is true. The changes don't come about on a thought level. They happen on ... not sure, a cellular level? a dna level? ... it is more physiological I think than mental. It is "speaking" to the physiological aspects of your being, and giving them messages to heal.

The fear of illness creates a viscious cycle.. its traumatic being ill like this. Its a fear generating illness. The body seems to be falling apart. It seems the body is in shock.

Yeah, it is. Stopping the fear is a part of what's needed. I think there are many ways to help this come about. I am learning more ways all the time. Our bodies are so amazing, to have so many failsafes built into it, so many plan A's, plan B's, etc. It is a matter of learning about them and utilizing them, I think.

It's not"positive thinking". It's not pretending you're not sick. It's knowing you are sick and knowing that somewhere within you lie forces that you can activate, that will beat the illness.

I should have used quotes.. sorry about that. I was laughing out of relief regarding your post. :)

Why were you laughing out of relief? :)

R**

I agree with your thoughts on this. It's not who tries the hardest. It may be who happens to come across the right way to bring it about. Maybe.

I think I found a manual way to break up quotes.

That sounds good to me, Jody.

Some of my questions have been, if I have seen, and helped deliberately bring about surprising healings -- and I have -- then why are we still so sick and why are we still poor?

But I think the answer may simply be, some challenges are bigger than others, and they take ... longer ... and they take ... more.

I think Adam, Dreamhealer worked for months on the pancreatic cancer for the musician. I think my sister took several years... I dont know why Mike is healing so quickly. I think he is using energetic tools to help reset his body which of course if amazing.

I often have had this whole business shocked back to light by ideas I come across of other people's. This helps to push past the suspicion that it was all a delusion and an illusion -- I used to go to a wild little pentecostal church where ... real stuff happened but also alot of nonsense. I have a deeply ingrained dread of being ... nonsense.

This is something I have also struggled with. Nonsense from a new age standpoint more so.

Nevertheless, when this thing gets sparked back up like tonight, I feel a gut level certainty that this stuff is gold and should not be discarded just because I don't understand it all. And just because I have ... issues about where and how I experienced it ...

The fact that you are not couching this in religious terms is very encouraging to me.

Well, my sisters experience was spiritual to her. But that is her perception of her experience. I have problems with the spiritual part when it becomes very specific because I cannot believe the things she does. This has been very difficult for me. It helps me to talk with people like you and read books that are even more scientific and less spiritual like The Genie in Your Genes, The Biology of Belief, The Spontaneous Healing of Belief and so on.

That said, I am a very spiritual person.. I just dont care to delude myself or others.

Don't know what he means by chemical and energetic messages.

Lipton talks about chemical messages communicating with the cell wall. The cell wall is the brain of the cell. We talk to it with messages like chemicals, drugs, herbs, or energy, homeopathy, LEDS, light, thoughts, states of being, electricity.

The energy communication is faster than the chemical communication.

I think this is true. The changes don't come about on a thought level. They happen on ... not sure, a cellular level? a dna level? ... it is more physiological I think than mental. It is "speaking" to the physiological aspects of your being, and giving them messages to heal.

Cellular I think .. but the matrix.. the connective tissue seems to be very important in the matrix of communication.. the tubulins or whatver they are called that may very well be at the meridian points as I am reading in The Genie in Your Genes. I am not sure if the microtubles in the cells (hope I ahve that right) are also involved.. I am not sure we know th extent of this.

I think so.. in The Secret, they keep talking about how it is how you feel not how you think. It is a state of being. Imagine that a state if being is a chemical of peace or silliness or enjoyment that saturates the body with healing messages. That is very difficult when you feel like crap and fear.

I would like a balanced view, a peaceful one. I am using yasko.. have peace with that.. I am targeting pathogens though not very strongly at least today.. have peace with that.. I am confused and angry.. have peace with that.. and so on.. when I can. Micheal Beckwith.. more spiritual and definitely strongly so.. says each nanosecond matters, each nano second of peace or wonder.. Tolle says the same thing. I think sometimes it gets to that point for me.. it is about each nanosecond like it is about each minute (not one day at a time but one minute at a time) for an addict.

Yeah, it is. Stopping the fear is a part of what's needed. I think there are many ways to help this come about. I am learning more ways all the time. Our bodies are so amazing, to have so many failsafes built into it, so many plan A's, plan B's, etc. It is a matter of learning about them and utilizing them, I think.

That sounds good to me. I like that.

It's not"positive thinking". It's not pretending you're not sick. It's knowing you are sick and knowing that somewhere within you lie forces that you can activate, that will beat the illness.

That sounds good. I am still thinking black and white here... you are talking duality, which is sometimes difficult for me. Thank you.

Why were you laughing out of relief? :)

I have needed this conversation for a while now. What a relief. Than you so much. Laughing as a release. :)