• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Growth Hormone

C

Cloud

Anyone have any success with Growth Hormone replacement? I tested low enough to warrant a GH challenge test which came back low normal. This basically mean that I need it, but insurance will not pay for it. The stuff is very expensive (about $200.00 a month)......any feedback for me?? Thanks everyone....Ross

Michael Dessin

Growth

very good stuff!! I've been cycling it for 5 months. You shouldn't use it if you have viral issues still. As it promotes good cellular growth as well as bad.

In other words it can really spur the growth of virus'. I started taking it as my immune function corrected.

It will certainly promote healing.

Thanks
Mike

Cort

Phoenix Rising Founder
Cheney told me I had no growth hormone after my bicycle test - which honestly was hard to believe. He was thinking of starting me off on that at a time when I couldn't tolerate anything else. I thought that was crazy actually! I ran out of money anyway - it didn't take long.

I wonder how much success he had with growth hormone. That was his big thing for a while. I also sounds like the GH morphed into his interest in stem cells. Now he's reporting great results but he did with GH for awhile too (and with Whey). It's hard to know what to think. I imagine they all helped some patients to some degree; like Mike says - in the right patient at the right time - it works.

Michael Dessin

Right time

Cort, man you reiterated a good point. Alot of these treatments are good!! But doing them at the right time is key.

I take undenatured whey now, but doc wouldn't let me touch it until 4 months after beginning treatment.

C

Cloud

And I spent tons of money on ImmunoPro, and didn't notice a thing. Maybe that was because of my absorption problems. Maybe it would be good now? Who knows.

Do you guys use ImmunoPro? How do you take it? Swallow with juice, dissolve under your tongue?

C

Cloud

I was thinking the growth hormone would be good now since I am wrapping up the Vistide treatment and feel I need some immune support. GH supposedly supports the RNaseL, and gives it a break from the beating it's taking.

Michael Dessin

Ross

Yea, growth supports alot of functions! If you think your viral load went down maybe it is a good option.

Any undenatured whey would be fine. Stay focused on your gut as well. If you can handle glutamine that might be a very good option to prevent leaky gut! Immunopro whey is fine if you can tolerate!

Mike

C

Cloud

Thanks for the info Michael.....well, I cleared the CMV, and was always negative for HHV6&7....so it's prolly safe enough to take the GH.

I am taking huge amounts of Glutamine powder. I take like 10 grams a day and haven't noticed any problems with it. And your right to say stay focused on gut issues because that is always so involved in this.

I would like to find an Amino Acid Supplement that would work for me. I am getting the IV AA's (Amino Acids) once a week via Dr. Peterson, and I always feel Great for 2 days after that infusion. He says that with my Leaky Gut I am not absorbing AA's with my food (but that was also before knocking out some enteroviruses). If I could have IV amino Acid infusions 3 times a week, I would be doing fantastic.....but that just can't happen for several reasons. So, if I could get my AA's some other way continuously on a daily basis, it would probably help a lot. Maybe time to try ImmunoPro once again.

Cort

Phoenix Rising Founder
So you knocked out some enteroviruses. How did you do that? Interferon's? With the Vistide?

Glad to hear about the amino's. I've kind of had the impression that Peterson was all antiviral - not really focused on other issues but he obviously is. How did you establish gut permeability problems were present?

Mike your doctor sounds so interesting. He obviously thought about this through and through; the different stages of the disease -when to treat and when not to. I remember seeing Cheney - he gave me a whole bunch of stuff the first visit and then we tried a bunch of stuff the second visit - and he has pretty complex view of this disease.

C

Cloud

Well, I am making an assumption that we have because Dr. Peterson said that I had enteroviruses and then he ordered the Leaky Gut test from Genova (the old Smokey Mountains lab) which tested "very positive" in his words. That was quite interesting since I had tested negative on that same test just 3 years prior. The only thing I can think of other than Enteroviruses in that interim that may have caused the leaky gut, was all that Doxy I took. I was on Doxy for 10 months X 2 during that period.

Michael Dessin

Doxy

Good stuff, will hit mycoplasma and quite possibly enterovirus as well.

Good to hear your already doing the glutamine!!

See if Dr p can do saline with albumine Iv's. You might even get better results than straight aminoes!!

We need aminoes/protein desperately as our bodies have difficulty processing them. Most ME sufferers feel better with extra aminoes in them.

Take enzymes as well, will help digest the aminoes/proteins

Also try and hook up with a more alternative minded doctor as well, so you can work on the lymph system, really get things moving!

Mike

C

Cloud

Great Information Mike, Thank you.

I am on IV Aminos Acids once a week, and I always feel Great for like 2 days after. I would like to do more, but doubt insurance will pay for it. Also I get 3 liters of NS with each Vistide treatment....feel totally well after those for about 2 days. So, your right, the Amino Acids, and the IV fluids are very helpful. I don't think I'm getting albumin with it.

Yea, I tested positive for Mycloplasma and CPN and that was the reason for the Doxy. That was taken last like 6 months before seeing Dr. Peterson. Now tests (PCR) for both are negative.

Thanks for the suggestion on the enzymes because I am looking for ways to get enough amino's from food.

Ross

mojoey

Pcr

I know that PCRs for lyme and bacterial co-infections currently have a very high false negative rate. I don't know if that's true for viral infections as well, but it makes sense, because smarter bugs are only in the bloodstream during transport from tissue to tissue

Michael Dessin

Pcr

Man, Lyme is sooo tough to test for. Like you said, very smart bacteria. It almost seems that you would have to get a biopsy of some sort.... to test for some of these things!

Mike

Tony

Still working on it all..
I'm pretty sure I read Cheney saying he didn't recommend HGH long term...

Interesting about the amino's/protein. De Meirleir recently advised me to take betaine HCL with meals to help break down the proteins. I've lost some weight and hopefully this will help and give me some energy too...:)

R**

Betaine HCL not good for me according to yasko with BHMT upregulation? Converts to TMG which further upregulates BHMT. So confusing. Can use when B12 is in place.. then ad DMG to help push the focus to the long route (found the source...). BHMT is the short route. Low B12 drives stomach acid lower.

My AA are very low, too. No whey either.. excitotoxin. She prefers focus on digestive enzymes and fixing gut, B12 and B12 support like ATP, malic acid, Vit E succ.. all very low doses.

A lot to process. Has to be the most complex protocol out there.. please tell me others are not more complex. It is exhausting. Not sure thats a good thing.

Robin