• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Great Reading of the Tao Te Ching

jesse's mom

My crone card got chewed on by my puppy, when he was a puppy. It was almost exactly on my 50th birthday!

did I replace the deck.. no I did not it is in all it's cried on chewed up glory.
1551048897166.png

Last edited:

YippeeKi YOW !!

I want your sweat on the cards, and blood and tears!
@jesse's mom
I want all the ethereal vibes and anything else that won;t turn into a thin pasty glue that might be hard to chip off, or interfere with other readings. Allegedly.

Maybe I should just roll over them a few times in the car. Carefully wrapped, of course. Except that DB wrecked my car (I still haven't totally forgiven him ..... not just for wrecking my deeply loved little Prelude but for making no effort to find a replacement for it ..... now they're as rare as dragon's teeth), and I'd have to go outside to do that.
:grumpy:

Drat. Foiled again. :meh::meh::meh:

jesse's mom

Really @YippeeKi YOW !! the reason I like these cards all kidding aside is that they are round.. no just reverse. So when you read them there is latent energy or forced energy being expressed and it gave me a much wider read with any kind of pattern you like to lay the cards in.

jesse's mom

(I still haven't totally forgiven him ..... not just for wrecking my deeply loved little Prelude but for making no effort to find a replacement for it ..... now they're as rare as dragon's teeth), and I'd have to go outside to do that.:grumpy:
That is not good! Do you want me to do a remote reading on where and when you can replace your car? (joking) can't do that!

I can help you forgive DB

YippeeKi YOW !!

@jesse's mom
Do you want me to do a remote reading on where and when you can replace your car? (joking) can't do that!
Yeah, but wouldn't it be, like tooootally grrreat if we could? And predict lotto numbers?

I can help you forgive DB
I'll have to think on that. Not sure he deserves it yet. He isnt known as Kaptain Kar Karma for nothing, y'know.

Last edited:

YippeeKi YOW !!

I liked what I read of eliade
I agree. His concept of axis mundi was particularly mind bending for me, at an age when the bending of the mind can lead to a lifetime of further investigation and perception, however scattered and interrupted by the forward movement of life in general. I find Mercea Eliade a far more reliable source than Campbell.

frozenborderline

I agree. His concept of axis mundi was particularly mind bending for me, at an age when the bending of the mind can lead to a lifetime of further investigation and perception, however scattered and interrupted by the forward movement of life in general. I find Mercea Eliade a far more reliable source than Campbell.
I only read about half of The Sacred and the Profane but i found what i read very very clear.
Campbell seems to try to universalize way too much, which i hate as a tendency--reduces everything to mush . I used axis mundi conceot in my thesis on the implicit mythology in Nico's music, that i was writing before i got too sick to continue at college ans had to drop out (one semester away from finishing).

Now I'm trying to read "Answer to Job" by jung but I can't find a free copy even on libgen and the kindle edition wont download. I don't always have the ability to read at length but with mold avoidance its come back in bursts. And "answer to job" seems especially relevant to pwME, contains the controversial idea that the biblical God has an evil side

YippeeKi YOW !!

It heartens me greatly that you're able to tackle subjects this deep and twisty, even if it's on an on-again-off-again basis. It sounds like a huuuuge improvement, and one that I'll start spinning the prayer wheel for.

If you're up to it, I have a thread here I called Keep Training Your Brain ..... it's a relatively simple but somewhat challenging little word game that's helped me (and I think a few others) get some of the rusted and balky brain-wheels turning again. Here's a link, it's a lot of fun. Honest. Well, at least the Werd-Nerds think it is, myself included :xeyes::xeyes::xeyes::

https://forums.phoenixrising.me/thr...o-form-a-new-word.78032/page-131#post-2244286

contains the controversial idea that the biblical God has an evil side
Not sure how controversial that idea is. The God of the Old Testament was jealous, needy, vindictive, and moody. Kind of sociopathic, or even psychotic. Not a fun Guy.

I'm really glad that you're doing a little better, @debored13, you've been thru multiple layers of hell. It was past time for something good !!!

frozenborderline

Not sure how controversial that idea is. The God of the Old Testament was jealous, needy, vindictive, and moody. Kind of sociopathic, or even psychotic. Not a fun Guy.
Jung was arguably somewhat of a christian, so it's more controversial from a standpoint of a believer ? I know plenty of atheists have argued that God is amoral or evil, but I meant tgat its more odd or controversial to argue that from the standpoint of someone who is some form of theist

frozenborderline

I'm really glad that you're doing a little better, @debored13, you've been thru multiple layers of hell. It was past time for something good !!!
Little better for me means able to read sometimes , talk without crashing, not get paralyzed, and usually walk around a little without PEM. Better then where i was but i relapse quickly upon exposure to bad areas kr bad buildings and still fairly sick. And it requires being outsife and winter is coming, so I am somewhat unhappy about that.

While I was in a really pristine forest, i read Dante's inferno , I could've never done that at home

frozenborderline

Jung was arguably somewhat of a christian, so it's more controversial from a standpoint of a believer ? I know plenty of atheists have argued that God is amoral or evil, but I meant tgat its more odd or controversial to argue that from the standpoint of someone who is some form of theist
He was also psychoanalyzing God from his theoretical standpoint --like God having a "shadow side " and then developing capacity for self reflection in the new testament

YippeeKi YOW !!

He was also psychoanalyzing God from his theoretical standpoint --like God having a "shadow side " and then developing capacity for self reflection in the new testament
Jung has always been one of my personal favorites. Freud always gave me indigestion. Adler's pretty cool, too.

The concept of God's Shadow side is an interesting conceit, but to assume a shadow side to Him immediately takes him out of Godhood and into humanity, which would be more in Jesus' realm, I think, no? It's hard to be omniscient and all-powerful and also Shadow-y, at least I think it might be.

But then, there's the Old Testament God of thunder, plagues and death. I guess it all boils down to the Unknowable which is, after all, Unknowable. I think that means un-psycho-analyzable as well.

Wow. That's a pretty fastly-spiraling rabbit hole ...

frozenborderline

The concept of God's Shadow side is an interesting conceit, but to assume a shadow side to Him immediately takes him out of Godhood and into humanity, which would be more in Jesus' realm, I think, no? It's hard to be omniscient and all-powerful and also Shadow-y, at least I think it might be.
But pre christian gods were very human and fallible--so i don't rhink it takes Him out of the realm of godhood as much as places him in the same playing field as pagan gods.

I mean Zeus committed sexual assault essentially. And all of the greek gods were very full of negative human traits