• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

"Got ME? Just SMILE!" - Media coverage of the SMILE trial…..

Ysabelle-S

Highly Vexatious
Indeed. I think it's probably quite clear now that she has properly overstepped the mark this time. She is going to be vilified by sensible researchers and credible academics and she's only herself to blame. I'm getting my needles out ready ;)

Imagine having a trial like that on your CV. I hope it follows them around like a bad smell for the rest of their careers. Ought to be laughed out of their jobs for this one. What next? How much lower are they going to go?

lilpink

Imagine having a trial like that on your CV. I hope it follows them around like a bad smell for the rest of their careers. Ought to be laughed out of their jobs for this one. What next? How much lower are they going to go?

Is it possible to go any lower than this? Even using a paediatric REC number on an adult NOD paper isn't *quite* as bad..or is it? :thumbdown:

Wonko

Ah hah!

This is where I meant to post the other day, a carefully worded and witty response about the nature of how much lower, and the nature of down, that I had to delete as I placed it in the wrong thread, 2-3 days early.

Rather worrying actually. I hate it when I get the nature of time wrong and forget when I am.

TiredSam

The wise nematode hibernates
upload_2017-9-21_14-35-27.png

Let the dog see the rabbit ...

Ysabelle-S

Highly Vexatious
Every time you think Esther must surely have reached the lowest point now, she stuns us yet again. On the day when she finally does reach rock bottom, she'll just start drilling.

Yeah, I keep wondering if they can do any worse, and they never fail to prove they can. I think they are desperate. The true scale of what's been happening to ME sufferers in the UK (and elsewhere) is not something the usual suspects want to talk about. Hence they endlessly portray themselves as the victims as a means to deflect attention away from the truth and gain sympathy at the expense of the real victims.

snowathlete

I imagine Coyne, David Tuller and Keith Geraghty will be all over it.
I hope others will join in too.

Although it's had a lot of positive media coverage due to the PR effort from the SMC, I actually think this study is so obviously appalling that this can be exposed quite easily. I just hope people don't assume someone else is going to do the job because it's important the true story about this study is made known. I am hoping that some child protection experts speak up as well because they really ought to.

Ysabelle-S

Highly Vexatious
People claiming to be cured by LP posting on Telegraph, presumably at a certain person's instigation since he told people to hit the comment sections and deal with the flat earthers. None of them can prove they had ME since there is no definitive diagnostic test and misdiagnosis is not uncommon owing to the flawed criteria.