• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Glycine helps a lot. Although I have to take it throughout the day.

If there was a sustained release glycine, it would have been great. This would especially come handy during night.

I mix glycine in water and sip from it throughout the day and keep it with me every where I go.

When I wake up in the morning I feel pretty bad, racing thoughts, brain fog, excitement etc.

I feel better after drinking a good amount of glycine. In an hour or so I feel good to get the day started.

There is collagen which might act as sustained release glycine, but it is just a guess.

Or I could take sustained release niacin before bed and it would serve the same purpose as glycine, although it might over do it.

YippeeKi YOW !!

There is collagen which might act as sustained release glycine, but it is just a guess.
Gelatin, plain old gelatin, has a large amount of glycine and proline, both of which work on GABA. Making it even better, those are balanced with other aminos, reducing the possibility of glutamate reactions which might be producing your early morning racing thoughts, brain fog, and hyper-excitation ....

xebex

If there was a sustained release glycine, it would have been great. This would especially come handy during night.

I mix glycine in water and sip from it throughout the day and keep it with me every where I go.

When I wake up in the morning I feel pretty bad, racing thoughts, brain fog, excitement etc.

I feel better after drinking a good amount of glycine. In an hour or so I feel good to get the day started.

Or I could take sustained release niacin before bed and it would serve the same purpose as glycine, although it might over do it.

i have been looking into glycine today as an alternative to niacin because niacin depletes methyl donors whereas glycine will only deplete as much as it should. Niacin is currently pretty helpful but I feel glycine is a safer choice.

here’s the video.

https://chrismasterjohnphd.com/lite-videos/2018/10/11/dont-use-niacin-buffer-excess-methyl-groups/

xebex

What do you think about measuring blood homocysteine level as an assessment of methylation status?
I think if you have access to it and understand it then it would be helpful.

i live in a remote area with no help from anyone. I did get homocysteine measured a while back and it was normal. I’m heterozygous for one of the MTHFR genes but my main issue is having the COMT met/met mutation because that means I super sensitive to mehtyldonors. SAMe as suggested by Ben Lynch is currently helping but I’m very aware that it’s not necessarily a long term option and could cause issues so I’m trying to figure out something better. Glycene could help make sure that I don’t mess up my methyl Balance with the SAMe.

Gelatin, plain old gelatin, has a large amount of glycine and proline, both of which work on GABA. Making it even better, those are balanced with other aminos, reducing the possibility of glutamate reactions which might be producing your early morning racing thoughts, brain fog, and hyper-excitation ....

Makes perfect sense, regarding the glycine possibly causing the glutamate receptor activation hence the racing thoughts, excitation etc.