• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

frozenborderline

I need accurate pulse oximeter for a few reasons. One being I am recovering from pneumonia outpatient. Two being I'm on. Big doses of pain medications, and sedatives , which combined can certainly lead to hypoxia.

I used to have one that had an alarm if pulse or oxygen went too low or high and also could record throughout the night and then you could plug it into a computer to get the recorded data. That one was not on Amazon and it was slightly better in all ways than the standard ones you can get on amazon.

It seems like most non hospital grade pulse oximeters have a huge gap in accuracy. We almost never had false positive scares of low oxygen with my in hospital pulse oximeter , but with the ones I get from Cvs or Amazon it will periodically give dangerously low readings. I dont know if it's possible to get hospital grade ones.

Any thoughts ?

I never feel comfortable falling asleep without someone watching my breathing recently

Last edited:

Shanti1

Administrator
@frozenborderline

I purchased this one back in March (Wellue wrist sleep monitor). You can set it to vibrate if your O2 drops below a specified number. It connects with an app on your phone where you can control settings and see a graph of your O2, pulse, and movement from the data captured overnight.

perchance dreamer

I have another Wellue product, the 02 Ring Wearable Sleep Monitor, which you wear on a thumb or finger. It reports 02, pulse, and motion during the night. It works well although it sometimes takes exiting and reentering the app a couple of times the next day to get the previous night's report to compile.

With this product, you wear a ring only, not a wrist monitor. Other than that, I don't see how it's different from Wellue Wrist Sleep Monitor that you use, @Shanti1. I've read you can wear the ring (for the 02 Ring Wearable Sleep Monitor that I use) during the day, but I've only worn it at night. Maybe the product you use with the wrist band provides more stability for daytime use. Both products are the same price on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/Wellue-O2Rin...wellue+02+ring+for+sleep&qid=1631462809&sr=8-

Shanti1

Administrator
I have another Wellue product, the 02 Ring Wearable Sleep Monitor, which you wear on a thumb or finger. It reports 02, pulse, and motion during the night. It works well although it sometimes takes exiting and reentering the app a couple of times the next day to get the previous night's report to compile.

With this product, you wear a ring only, not a wrist monitor. Other than that, I don't see how it's different from Wellue Wrist Sleep Monitor that you use, @Shanti1. I've read you can wear the ring (for the 02 Ring Wearable Sleep Monitor that I use) during the day, but I've only worn it at night. Maybe the product you use with the wrist band provides more stability for daytime use. Both products are the same price on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/Wellue-O2Rin...wellue+02+ring+for+sleep&qid=1631462809&sr=8-

I am not sure how it is different either, I went with the wrist monitor because I had one previously and knew it was comfortable for me for all night use. Does the ring have a "vibration alarm" you can set if O2 drops too low?

Booble

Have you tried putting it on a different finger or location? I was surprised to find out that on my thumb with my thumb sideways my numbers are higher than on my fingers. For the heck of it I tried it on my toes and my second toe had the highest.