• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

George Monbiot on Long covid & ME /CFS.

Abha

Abha
Evening Extra :Radio Ulster January 25th 2021.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/m000rl7v

Presenters:Julie Mc Cullough and Declan Harvey

Guest:George Joshua Richard Monbiot is a British writer known for his environmental and political activism.In the discussion on Long Covid George talks about the great scandal concerning ME/CFS.He has friends with this condition so is well versed on this subject.In order to hear George speak move the pointer along to about 1 hr 6minutes.He talks for about 10 minutes.

If Long Covid patients are treated in future as ME/CFS have been for last 50 years plus then God help them.However, on a more positive note(if such can be taken from covid outcomes)then much needed research and treatments may follow in years to come.These fatigue/virus(or other causes) illnesses now need to be taken seriously by Governments/Medical Authorities/Doctors/ etc This hasn't been the case so far.

PS:I hope I got the "George" in the programme correct.I have researched it and I take it to be" George Monbiot".If I'm incorrect please let me know and I'll edit this piece.