• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Genetic results for Methylation (help analysing)

godlovesatrier

Hi there,

Can anyone tell me what the following methylation results would mean in terms of supplements? That is what I should and shouldn't be taking? I'm trying b12 injections hydroxocobalamin but after my first 1mg dose I've been hit with terrible fatigue and extreme drowsiness. So I am wondering if it's simply due to a methylation mutation issue. Any help appreciated thanks in advance! :)

I currently take omega 3, vitamin c and magnesium, q10 and follow an exclusion diet no dairy, no gluten.

1588433897953.png

Learner1

Hydroxocobalamin has NO methyl groups which you badly need.

Your homozygous MTHFR SNP reduces your folate pathway by 70% and MTR doubles the need for MB12.

You might check MCV, homocysteine, methylmalonic acid, and serum and RBC folate to verify, but Id guess you'd need significant 5-MTHF (5-15mg) and MB12 (2-10mg) plus appropriate cofactors - magnesium, B2, B6, BAC, glycine, V1, and molybdenum, and maybe potassium. Plus you likely can't get enough BH4 - Kuvan, pteridin, or royal jelly could help with that.

godlovesatrier

Hi @Learner1

Thanks for the reply. Is there another type of injectable b12 I should try to get?

My last folic acid test was halfway between high and low on the last blood test I got, so that seems ok.

Thanks,