• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Gcmaf-reactions and side effects

lobba123

you should use antinflammatories like reservatrol, curcumin and similar

http://www.advanceliferesearch.com/

just want to make clear that GcMAF HAS definitely helped me. yes, most of my days are still bad...and if i inject a little too much, VERY bad....but overall, i am better. hard to put into words..i just know i am better. at the very least, the illness is no longer progressing.

keep in mind, i have been sick 20 yrs and the last 7 yrs i was SEVERE. almost dead i would say...and i've only done 9 shots of the GcMaf so far.

you cannot take a too-large dose, have a very bad experience, and make any judgements based on that. you have to start with ultra-low doses. the docs are figuring that out now.

i also dont think we will ever be able to discontinue treatment until a LOT more is known about this disease! maybe we will need maintenance doses.

xoxo

Recovery Soon

just want to make clear that GcMAF HAS definitely helped me. yes, most of my days are still bad...and if i inject a little too much, VERY bad....but overall, i am better. hard to put into words..i just know i am better. at the very least, the illness is no longer progressing.

keep in mind, i have been sick 20 yrs and the last 7 yrs i was SEVERE. almost dead i would say...and i've only done 9 shots of the GcMaf so far.

you cannot take a too-large dose, have a very bad experience, and make any judgements based on that. you have to start with ultra-low doses. the docs are figuring that out now.

i also dont think we will ever be able to discontinue treatment until a LOT more is known about this disease! maybe we will need maintenance doses.

xoxo

This is very inspiring to read. Thank you for the words of wisdom.

Hopefully, you will figure out the best dosing for you and continue to improve. You deserve it after the hell you've suffered through.

CindyWillis

I wouldn't asssume he is telling different stories to different patients as different ears tend to hear different things due to different questions and different terminology used. I am defining "cure" as being 100% well and no longer needing medicine anymore. I have asked for Dr. Enlander to log on to this website and discuss the success he has had with the higher doses of GCMAF in person. It would be great to hear it from the horse's mouth.

I am extremely happy for your success and wish you continued improvement...but Dr. Enlander is apparently telling different stories to different patients. He emphatically told me on Tuesday that this is not a cure - and that yes, there are some patients who have made impressive improvements- but none are symptom free- and almost none even close to that mark. This also was confirmed by both Laura and Michelle. What they called this was a very promising treatment that seems to help about 50% of patients reach a higher level of functionality. That in of itself is very exciting. But promising anyone a 100% chance of cure would be just plain irresponsible- and Dr. Enlander is pretty measured.

Only one of his patients got to a point where they felt well enough to discontinue treatment- and apparently maintained his improvements (though, not cured).

I took only one dose- and it's been my worst week in years. I'm glad to hear there are others who feel great. I could be the exception- but something in my body is very wrong at the moment.

Recovery Soon

I am defining "cure" as being 100% well and no longer needing medicine anymore.

That sounds about right.

I would add "symptom-free," so that say someone drops a medication but still experiences periodic symptoms they did not suffer prior to the illness onset (say, PEM- for example) they are not cured.

Even in lesser amounts, or less frequently- regardless of intensity of exertion- unlike people without CFS who never experience this symptom.

Daffodil

thanks recovery soon:)

sometimes i wonder if i am really suffereing that much more than most, or if i just whine a lot more lol

Forebearance

Hey you guys,

I've been having some luck with a supplement called AllerTame by Jarrow. It's got butterbur in it, specially treated to be non-poisonous. It seems to be a good anti-inflammatory.

Forebearance

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
Hey you guys,

I've been having some luck with a supplement called AllerTame by Jarrow. It's got butterbur in it, specially treated to be non-poisonous. It seems to be a good anti-inflammatory.

Forebearance

Forebearance,

Thanks! I have successfully used butterbur (also treated to be non-poisonous) for migraines--so maybe there is a similar mechanism.

Sushi

Recovery Soon

Hi All.

2 weeks ago I took my first dose of GCMAF (.25) and had severe reactions which persisted for a little over a week (much worse the first half). The effects hit about 18 hours after the injection.

Dr. Enlander suggested I take 2 weeks off which I did.

Last night we agreed to try for a reduced dose (.10) - at over 24 hours there are some faint odd sensations- but nothing too worrisome.

If things stay the same I think the next move will likely be 1.5 next Tuesday.

I'll try to report back.

Just wanted to update, especially to help or receive information from people who have also been
diagnosed with lyme disease.
I had severe reactions from just .08-.10 ml's...took a few weeks off and tried it again. Insomnia, just an overall sense of dullness. My BP decreased, shortness of breath. the first reaction was terrible. My entire body went into a heightened staight of inflammation. I wanted to crawl out of it. Although it does not react like that anymore...it's not pleasant. I am also taking nexavir. And although I believe the fist week of
that may have helped, now I do not see any progress. I am happy for everyone who is seeing even a small progress. I just hope the reactions are not causing any damage. the MD who
said to order it, and that w/i 3 months, I would be so much better...well, he wasnot able to answer any questions regarding it's process. My new LLMD has no exerience. So, I think I need to stop until I am w/ a practitioner who has worked w/ his before. I have a minor in biology and was in the medical field, but we should all be under good care of physicians while taking it.
An MD should not have you order it blindley.
But again, I have been diagnosed CDC + for lyme, and although lyme MD's are using it...it seems like a consitent pattern of it not any extraordinary difference.

I am supplementing vit D, as mine came back on the lower end. I just hope it isnt damaging to us patients w/ immune dysfunction.

A friend of mine just passed from cancer...and looking back, there is a part of me that wished I would have given this to him. It could have been more beneficial? Not that it will not help me still. But, wasnt it made for cancer and HIV treatment particularly?

Daffodil

Lerae.. I am very sorry to hear about your friend.

which vitamin D is low? the 25 hydroxyvitamin D or the 1,25 dehydroxyvitamin D?

thanks
xoxo

Sushi

Lerae,

Are you taking things to reduce inflammation? High inflammation before starting usually makes it much harder to tolerate. Also, I'd be cautious about supplement Vit D while taking GcMAF.--at least until you have a few tests of 25 & 1,25 to see what is happening with levels.

Lyme patients do seem to have more trouble tolerating GcMAF--maybe because of inflammation? Don't know. But controlling inflammation is very important.

Sushi

Daffodil

Lerae...you have to check the 1,25 dehydroxy vitamin D as well. that is usually high in CFS patients, while the other one is low. you shouldnt supplement, i dont think.

sushi- it is not inflammation that is the primary symptom anymore. Every CFS and Lyme patients cytokines are
high anyway.
My body just does not tolerate it well. My heart, BP, brain, my well being, nerves, insomnia,increased pain. Gcmaf works off of you vit d. after I supplemented again, the inflammation went down as a side affect. But, if your vit d is low, the other form is high, from my understanding. My LLMD (the previous one who told me to get on it even before testing nagalase)...made sure vit. d was @ optimal levels. I have no choice but to supplement it. Unless you want to do the Marshall protocol. and not take GcMaf. Anyways, its a daunting affect. I get frustrated in lieu of
physicians telling you to take it w/o throwing any kind of caution to the wind. I want to have a good MD working w/ my body as an individual. I have an incredible LLMD/MD/internal medicine and Oriental Md (all in one)m but
he is not familiar w/ this. No one tolerates it the same. The question I have...it is harming me in any way? Is it a reaction that comes, goes away and then you feel better? Or is this a sign my body should not be taking it?
I feel like the only people who I could truly answer that question are the MD's who are studying it. or the initial Dr,. Y.

Forebearance

Hi Lerae,

I would suggest that you try to find a small enough dose of GcMAF that it doesn't cause any more side effects than a mild fluish feeling for the first day or so. When the doses get small, it is hard to tell exactly how much you are taking, but squirt out a tiny drop and try taking it sublingually or putting it on your skin. That will make it less powerful. This is just a suggestion that has worked for me.

Forget about what the standard dose is or what other people are taking. Find the dose that works for you, at this time. GcMAF can still be very beneficial even at tiny, tiny doses, if that is what your body needs. It may even be a good sign, indicating that you are going to respond strongly to GcMAF and that over time it could help you a lot.

I understand about your friend. My cousin is dying of cancer right now and she doesn't "believe in" non-conventional medicine, so she won't try GcMAF. And who knows, it might not work on her anyway. Sigh. In the end I guess we can only save ourselves.

Forebearance
(I've got to get myself one of those cute avatars.)

Thank you for the advice. I too am sorry you lost your cousin. Does anyone know someone taking gcmaf for cancer, and if so, how did they do?
I am taking very small doses. i was only taking .08ml. I thought I read that a certain amount does have to be
taken or else it looses its efficacy.

Do you just keep taking it while these symptoms are going on in your body?

Sushi

[quote="lerae, post: 267184, member: 4849...
I am taking very small doses. i was only taking .08ml. I thought I read that a certain amount does have to be
taken or else it looses its efficacy.
[/quote]

That is a moderate dose, I believe--it is the nannograms that count not the mls. I think that would be about 25 ngs from the company you mentioned. You can take a much lower dose and still have plenty of effect.

Sushi

Forebearance

Thank you, Daffodil.
GcMAF seems to look different to cancer patients than it does to us. They have so much conventional medicine, and they want to try it all first before even considering something as far out as GcMAF, apparently.
But as someone who is aware of it and is trying it, I can't help wondering if it is going to be the next big thing some day.

Thank you, Lerae. I wouldn't recommend taking GcMAF while you are having that bad a reaction to it. That doesn't sound good for you. I don't know if you would believe me, but I seriously only take 1/100th of the "standard" dose and it works just fine on me. People do vary a lot in how sensitive they are to things. And how inflamed they are when they start GcMAF.

I hope you can find a dose that works for you!
Forebearance

I would like to make a new post and ask how many patients who have tested + for Lyme are using GcMaf?
Although we tend to have so many of the same biological symptoms on a cellular level...the big elephant in the room is that we are, or rather I am CDC + for the lyme spirochete. Although we all say...take anti-inflammatories such as curcumin, resveratol, etc.... which did not work for me. (actually boswelia worked tremendously for me). and I do not seem to have a methylations problem per tests. although again, your sophisticated topics are beyond me lately..andI am in the medical field. now I chose to be tought vs research myself. So, can anyone tell me why we are reacting so poorly from gcmaf? and if a low dose does not do the intended...then everyone saying..try a lower dose should be careful. (& i am taking it like .06ml...which is lower than 25ng's). Is everyone who is taking Gcmaf under an MD's supervision? and these people who are taking it 3 x's a week? is that MD recommended? I am still frustrated that my last MD so casually ordered this.

Can anyone explain (which I am again, sure it's been covered), how it can harm you on a cellular level? with the reactions i have gotten, which are pretty horrible, I do not see how this cannot be harming your body somehow. And it is not like the flu...which as we know is a good thing, as it stimulates the immune system. It is almost like an allergic reaction. Or are you all stumped as well? What have your MD's told you would shift the th2 back to th1 and turn the cytokines we are producing off. taking all these natural supplements are good but they are masking symptoms, not thecause. by the way, I am also taking nexavir. And is anyone (besides sushi :) ) taking that as well? In all the studies it helped patients w/i a 50 day period. i have been taking it for 3 months. noticed slight increase in energy. but as soon as i get off....revert back. i mean, are these little gains, that once stopped, go back to 10% vs. 15% even worth it? i wuld love to hear more success stories. I think I read one but cannot remember. Could we start a thread about cfids success stories and their protocols? mabe there is one? thanks! ;)