• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

GcMAF for XMRV--Gc protein-derived macrophage activating factor--anyone taking it?

lobba123

overstressed hiv tests are ridiculously meanless, the prducers of the tests themselves declare that those can t be used to test an hiv infection and the nobel who discovered the pcr says it cannot detect any hiv because hiv was never isolated and purificated.
hiv is the last thing to look at because the virus (if it exsists) has been probably used to make money, aids is probably from other cofactors, not hiv.montagner himself is reconsidering all the thing

lobba123

by the way all hiv tests are been considered useless in trials and patients are being refunded of all the damage from these useless tests, they re not talking much about this on the news but there are many cases in US, italy and germany.

in italy the hiv fraud is becoming public now

Daffodil

but many pathogens give off nagalase. some bacteria too...why are many of those infections self-limiting?

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
Hi Sushi,

I know that we're different from HIV, but there are HIV-patients reporting low or normal Nagalase, and their viral load went up. My Nagalase was measured in November 2010 -I had received 27 injections of Gc-Maf- and it was 0.72, so, near normal. I have not tested it again, yet. That's on my list of to do next. But, as you know, I'm far from healthy. To me, it looks like Nagalase is not a reliable bio marker. Maybe, other things need to be fixed too, who knows ? I have a very bad feeling about viral load going up. That is not good at all, and why would it be different with HIV ? Sorry for being so sceptical, but I stopped believing Yamamoto's findings. Does anyone know if he's a real immunologist ? I don't think there's one patient who can confirm/replicate Yamamoto's findings.

Best wishes,
OS.

But what about inflammation? If your nagalase has been low for some time you are probably activating macrophages naturally. If you add GcMAF to that process, you may be activating more macrophages through taking GcMAF? I don't know if this theory holds, but what if what you are experiencing is excess inflammation and not an increase in "viral load?"

Nagalase is only a measure of one aspect--there are so many--and unfortunately we don't yet know what they all are--but inflammation is one of them.

Best,
Sushi

Overstressed

But what about inflammation? If your nagalase has been low for some time you are probably activating macrophages naturally. If you add GcMAF to that process, you may be activating more macrophages through taking GcMAF? I don't know if this theory holds, but what if what you are experiencing is excess inflammation and not an increase in "viral load?"

Nagalase is only a measure of one aspect--there are so many--and unfortunately we don't yet know what they all are--but inflammation is one of them.

Best,
Sushi
Hi Sushi,

last year, I was taking Gc-Maf together with 300 micro-gram of Selenium and R-alpha lipoic acid(and biotine). At that time, my bloodwork was normal as before I became ill. Soon after, it looked the illness started all over again, as in the beginning. I was experiencing symptoms I haven't had since this illness started.

I have been thinking about that, and perhaps, the combination treatment kept the virus quiet, no replication or very very low replication. Until at some point, the latent virus woke up ? We don't know the mechanisms of the pathogen involved. Is it known when virus is triggered out of latency ? Is it a decrease in viral load under a treshold ? A stress factor ?

Concerning inflammation, I was wondering if you had a lab test where your IL6 is measured ? I was thinking, if IL6 goes up -and it looks like activated macrophages produce IL6- and if I'm informed correctly, it's a pro-inflammatory cytokine. I wonder, if this happens when using Gc-Maf, it can't be good, no ?

Best wishes,
OS.

Sushi

Hi OS,

Re: inflammation, my IL 6 did not go up but IL 8 did--that is the one that many of us have to watch. With immune activation, inflammation is going to happen. Thie trick is to keep it in balance (benefits versus inflammation levels) as inflammation is potentially a serious issue. So when inflammation become an issue, many of us find the need to back off for a while.

Best,
Sushi

Daffodil

i'd love to hear what demeirleir's observations are re: relapses in patients he has treated. i believe he has been using this since late 2009, right?

i was talking to my doctor today about GcMAF. he said similar compounds are used to stimulate the immune system after bone marrow transplants for example, but they are taken for only a short period of time.

Add me. I've lost 30% of my hair. It seems to stabilise now a year after I stopped GcMAF.
I certainly don't have any hair loss since starting on gcmaf injections (20ng) 2 months ago. I have what seems to be a vascular decrease (maybe due to inflamation in the blood vessels?) in my legs (feels like achiness). This starts on day 2 and goes on through day 4 or so, diminishing until the next injection. Other than the decreased overall energy and the slight headaches, I am tolerating the gcmaf fairly well. I do have a lot of supplements on board to reduce inflamation and to provide overall nutritional support though.

Tito

The hair loss started after 6-7 months of GcMAF. Initially I did not make the link with this, but because someone else mentionned that side effect I thought it could be the reason.

Tito

Tito...wow. did gcmaf help you? why did you stop it??
It triggered an amazing improvement for about 6 weeks until I took probiotics. That was the beginning of the end. However, I started to take GcMAF and Nexavir exactly at the same time. So I don't know which one had the effect (perhaps the combination). With hindsight, I think the improvement came because my pots improved for a while. It was the first time for decades I could get up before feeling fainting.

lobba123

Add me. I've lost 30% of my hair. It seems to stabilise now a year after I stopped GcMAF.

who cares about the hair being sick........i have hbv which has no symptoms but i prefer losing hair because of interferon and antivirals than keep this hbv in my cells, by the way all drugs i am taking make hair loss.they will regrow when i stop them and if not who cares

Daffodil

i have been on gcmaf for about 4 months. i bought it 5 months ago but had to take a few short breaks.

because i was not satisfied with the modest improvement and lack of significant change in brain fog, i increased my dose from 18 ng to 20 ng. unfortunately, i have been extra inflammed all week from just the 2 ng increase!

now, i am taking several days off and then going back to 18 ng...i hope i am doing the right thing.

i am trying to figure out if staying on a very low dose long term will result in continued improvement, or if i should push myself a little to take a higher dose.

most people tell me NO! do not take any dose that results in discomfort...so that's why i am going back down to 18 ng.

must try to be more patient.

Daffodil

so its been 9 days since i took 20 ng instead of 18 ng and i am still very inflammed. hope this isn't some kind of downturn. seems odd that 2 ng would make this much of a difference

Sushi

so its been 9 days since i took 20 ng instead of 18 ng and i am still very inflammed. hope this isn't some kind of downturn. seems odd that 2 ng would make this much of a difference

It can also be cumulative inflammation. So I'd wait till it dies down before taking the next dose.

Best,
Sushi

alice

It can also be cumulative inflammation. So I'd wait till it dies down before taking the next dose.

Best,
Sushi
When you talk about inflammation - what do you mean? Do you feel ill, nauseated, fatigued or? I will be starting GcMaf in 2 weeks and I want to be prepared for what might happen. Thanks

alice

Sushi and others already on GcMaf - what ongoing tests do you have after you started GcMaf. Also what lab work did you have before starting onGcMaf. I've had the Vit.D - 25 OH -(Low) and the Negalase (High) - how about liver function tests? Does anyone ever have the 1,25-dihydroxy vitamin D test? Thanks
alice