• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

GcMAF for XMRV--Gc protein-derived macrophage activating factor--anyone taking it?

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
Hi Daff,

Activating macrophages is a natural process in a healthy body. Don't think macrophages will "go for" healthy cells--nothing like chemo.

Maybe ask your doc what he might know about hair loss and the connection with taking GcMAF?

Best,
Sushi

Forebearance

Ooo, this makes me wonder something.
My thyroid function went way down after I'd taken GcMAF for six months. It happened around the time the GcMAF completely expired and no longer did anything. I thought it was a coincidence. But hair loss can be related to thyroid function. Is it possible that GcMAF has some kind of effect on the thyroid gland? Does higher immune system function demand more thyroid hormones?

Or does stopping GcMAF cause the thyroid to function less well? Maybe GcMAF supports the thyroid gland while you take it?

lobba123

daff gcmaf must be present in our blood, there is even research on low gcmaf levels on dying people and inverse correlation between death risk/gcmaf levels.....nothing to do with chemios, probably your immune system is killing infected cells correlated with your hair

hair loss is nothing compared to death or being not healthy

Xandoff

Michael
Hi All,
I had my first shot of GcMAF this morning. I was lucky that a Holistic Doctor down the street from me gave me my first injection as the 360 mile round trip to my ME CFS Doc knocked the daylights out of me on June 7th for a week. Since inflammation and chronic pain are issues with me, my first shot was 2.0ml rather than 2.5ml. I don't know if starting on Friday's is the best idea but weekends are not big for me anyways. Will keep you all posted!

Daffodil

best of luck xandoff!

dont get me wrong.;i will gladly go bald before i stop GcMAF. i would rather have my brain than my hair.

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
Hi All,
I had my first shot of GcMAF this morning. I was lucky that a Holistic Doctor down the street from me gave me my first injection as the 360 mile round trip to my ME CFS Doc knocked the daylights out of me on June 7th for a week. Since inflammation and chronic pain are issues with me, my first shot was 2.0ml rather than 2.5ml. I don't know if starting on Friday's is the best idea but weekends are not big for me anyways. Will keep you all posted!

Hi Xandoff--

Best wishes with this! How many nannograms were in you injection (the dilution varies from supplier to supplier)?

Sushi

lobba123

daff gcmaf targets only macrophages which dont work anymore due to nagalase, all the rest is due to your immune system that works again
if you are full of viruses and bacteria your immune system will target all infected cells, CFS is some kind of aids so at certain stages you are full of whatever in your cells

Daffodil

thanks lobba.

i feel sometimes like i am progressing and then i start regressing again. wonder if this means i should try a higher dose.

xoxxo

lobba123

i think we should just refer to tests mostly because we can feel perfectly when being full infected and feel bad while our immune system clears infections

hbv for example is one of many non- cytopathic viruses, it means it makes no damage to human body/cells.it is our own immune system to make the damage while clearing infected cells
this is an example of how feeling good while infected can be a bad thing, and feeling bad while clearing infection can be good......i guess this is what gcmaf does, it activates immune system, increase inflammation and makes you feel bad

of course if despite this there is no clearance but just indefinite inflammation this will just cause useless damage, time will tell

also try to keep a balance between what inflammation can be tollerable and gcmaf dose.too much inflammation can be very bad while no inflammation can be a sign of no immue activation

Daffodil

i am experiencing a bit of a downturn lately; i hope this is normal and that i will progress again. i have had some life stress lately.

mellster

Marco
My 2nd batch of MAF314 turned out much better - practice is king ;) It's nice and smooth and almost as thick as yoghurt and tastes like yoghurt, no need to sweeten or change taste. Also I just measured 99 body temp - after months (years) of low basal body temp it seems consistently around the norm now. I have already been doing ok before, but I hope the MAF can be the icing on the cake and support my gut (still mildly symptomatic) and immune system for the the daily stressors. Not sure if increase/normalization of body temp is in line with macrophage activation. cheers :)

Daffodil

i would guess that increase in body temp could be a good thing. i had it too with GcMAF. at least something is happening:)

ukxmrv

That's great news Mellster. I didn't take my daily temp when I tried MAF314 but I'll do it this time for the MAF878. Usually I have to have a bad infection for my body to reach 99 F.

Wonder what the MAF314 is doing? Any other symptoms, what day of the MAF are you on?

mellster

Marco
That's day 10 so not sure if it works that fast - but usually I went around 95-97 and now I am consistently over 98. I sometimes have a bit of mild nerve sensations (buzzing/tingling/needles and pins) and cannot seem to sleep as long as usual (~ 1 hour less on avg.) but I still average 7-8 hours. Mild gastric symptoms such as gas, burping and mild torso/gut inflammation, very mild headache from feeling hot/warm. Not sure if this is all related to the MAF, I worked out quite a bit last week and had some late nights, so maybe I overdid a little. But the rise in body temp seems directly related.

ukxmrv

The immune related stuff (throat, glands etc) started on day 6 for me, Mellster, with the MAF314. Also had bouts of insomnia (after the first few days when I actually slept much better). The stomach problems were off and on for the first month.

I'd be really pleased with the raise in temp. Start MAF878 on Saturday so willl take a baseline reading before then.

Good luck!

Lou

At least two of us on gcmaf have experienced some hairloss with gcmaf use. It is a rare side effect and I wonder if any of you might have thoughts on why this occurred. Repeating what I post on the maf 878 thread one suspicion is it's related to yeast organism in hair follicle.

Do any of you have other ideas about this problem? Thanks.

mellster

Marco
The immune related stuff (throat, glands etc) started on day 6 for me, Mellster, with the MAF314. Also had bouts of insomnia (after the first few days when I actually slept much better). The stomach problems were off and on for the first month.

I'd be really pleased with the raise in temp. Start MAF878 on Saturday so willl take a baseline reading before then.

Good luck!
Hey! I slept 10 hours last night and all my inflammation off. I am wondering whether to lower the amount or split it up into 2 doses so I can take half before going to bed (if I continue to sleep well). Could you elaborate on your stomach symptoms, maybe be a bit more specific so I can compare if it's the same? Thanks & cheers!

Daffodil

hi all. i have been on 16 ng of GcMAF for about 3 1/2 - 4 months, and in the past, when i tried to increase even a little, i would feel very sick. however, on friday, i increased to 18 ng and felt so side effects.

overall, the good days are now out-numbering the bad. yesterday, i cooked, cleaned up afterwards, went grocery shopping, shopped for paint and paint supples, and probably walked over a mile. today, i feel ok., maybe just a little runned down,

i had some rage episodes and just general mood swings but they seem to be getting better. i find myself in better spirits the last while, puttering around the apt, making plans to redecorate (with almost no money with which to do it!) and singing to myself.

in the back of my mind, there is always the awareness that i could relapse at any time and that there are so many unknowns that i cannot count on any future yet....so i am just trying to enjoy the moment.

in a week, i plan to finally get a nagalase test, which i have never had before. i also plan on increasnig the GcMAF to 20 ng next week.

xoxox