• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Game-Changing "Leaky Gut" Treatment (Larazotide Acetate) will soon be available

godlovesatrier

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC8860335/

zonulin.jpg

S1 and Spike antigen levels, anti-Spike, anti-S1 and anti-Receptor-binding domain (RBD) immunoglobulin, and cytokine levels from four children with multisystem inflammatory syndrome in children (MIS-C) who received treatment with larazotide in addition to standard MIS-C therapy. AEB = average enzymes per bead, IFN-γ = interferon gamma, IgA = immunoglobulin A, IgG = immunoglobulin G, IL = interleukin, IVIG = IV immunoglobulin, TNF-α = tumor necrosis factor alpha.

godlovesatrier

Anymore updates from anyone? Seems like if you tick the right boxes it does work and being able to test zonulin before and after is a good way to be sure if you can afford it.

I'll be giving it a go because I've noticed huge improvements in all my fatigue symptoms by boosting butyrate production (as tested through 16s). I can do the chores quite regularly now and it makes a massive difference having prausnitzii in range of normal or slightly higher - for me that's 12 to 20%. Also my PEM is significantly reduced, so it has impacted that too. Allergies are still very bad, better now its autumn, MCS is not great, asthma symptoms (not actually asthma?!) is worse than it was 2 years ago, sleep has become a bit worse. So some things tons better, but other things not so much!

Be great to hear more updates if anyone has any.

godlovesatrier

I tried this again for COVID symptoms and I felt like I actually got better after taking it. But it gave me terrible fatigue in my legs and seemed to upset my stomach. I've bought gastro resistant caps. I took 500mcg about 5 hours apart. As per the mis-c dose for kids with hyper inflammatory long covid.

Can't be sure if the improvement I felt was just a coincidence or not. But I was quite surprised. My heart rate seemed to go down (I've got COVID pots a the moment). So if it did reduce spike within a few hours then it makes sense pressure on the heart might relax.

Anyway the uti side effects concerned me as it feels like larozotide is nuking bacteria in the GIT. As I've just been on doxy for 5 days I'm not madly keen on taking anything else that might kill off more strains. I'm concerned that oxalabacter formigenes has now gone extinct.

Will update if I try it again.

Rufous McKinney

this supplement I recently started taking seems to be transforming my gut.

That and my very well cooked black bean agenda, which is increasing butyrate I suspect.

But I have no data, no tests no way to compare anything other than: wow this is so much better. I'm going to keep doing this.

Rufous McKinney

You're taking larozotide?
no, sorry.

I've never gone to a gastro doctor, figuring they'd demand colonoscopies and so, I avoid them.

I bought these supplements, a long story but a salesman called me. Then I didn't take them for months. Then I decided to try them, I noticed rapid shifts in IBS symptoms, major improvements in digestion, I feel far far less like my gut is leaking, SIBO maybe gone; and other symptoms are shifting and changing potentially also improvements.

we have so many symptoms, eh?

I got Stem Cell Complete and it contains about 40% ellagic acid from pomegranates and this Ellagic Acid is some really interesting molecule. And some long covid folks have also noticed something is going on with all that. Reading, its hard to absorb so perhaps this company has solved something in terms or Proprietary Delivery Systems.

I should just start a thread about it: but I"m a bit reluctant to start declaring this widely. But I want EVERYBODY to try it.

godlovesatrier

Right. Yeah worth creating a new thread, I try to eat fresh pomegrenate as often as possible, although I do take the supps too but they reactivate ebv and now I have post covid symptoms gotta be careful. It has helped but akkermansia still went extinct anyway even with the pomegrenates + liquid supps. So not exactly that useful on the whole, also noticed no major difference. But it is very good for mitophagy and that might explain why you feel good taking it.

BrightCandle

I got Stem Cell Complete and it contains about 40% ellagic acid from pomegranates and this Ellagic Acid is some really interesting molecule. And some long covid folks have also noticed something is going on with all that. Reading, its hard to absorb so perhaps this company has solved something in terms or Proprietary Delivery Systems.
Sorry could you put up a link on what you are taking I am coming up empty searching on Stem Cell Complete and I am clearly missing something.

godlovesatrier

Been taking larozotide 500mcg 4 x a day for about 7 days now. I started with 250mcg 4x a day. I noticed an improvement in physical strength afterwards and a gradual reduction in what I can only describe as infected tissue in my neck throat and glands. This manifested as a gradual reduction in pain in those areas - but swelling only reduced by 50%.

two days ago I took 5mg hydrocortisone and the swelling/inflammation that remained disappeared. I actually felt so good that night I felt like I did before I got ME. Which only goes to prove to me how much or many of my symptoms must be from high inflammation.

So larozotide definitely helped, but in my particular case the inflammatory markers needed help to go down. I'll keep taking larozotide at the higher dose. Today I went to the shops for the first time (day 37) and did not crash afterwards, I took 200mg q10 and 1 sublingual drop b12 beforehand as well. So I am hoping I do not get delayed PEM.

godlovesatrier

On Friday I had higher inflammation (must be due to going to the shops) but I also took ldn 0.5mg which appeared to give me a ton more inflammation) so I've stopped that. But today I went for a drive 40 mins total, to see whether I can tolerate that, I got back and fell into bed for an hour of sleep, doubt I'll leave here all weekend. I have very bad brainfog today too but I think it's from the hydrocortisone.

Was in a painful crash ten hours later. Which continued to a lesser extent the following day. Also had gastroparenthesis whilst crashed.

Last edited:

godlovesatrier

I stopped taking this briefly and started to deteriorate over 3 days, worsened myalgia, lower energy envelope, worsened breathing, immune system felt slower at clearing my current cold. So I have gone back on it at 500mcg 4x and will prob go down to 250mcg 4x because of cost in a weeks time.

I noticed when I first took it that my energy envelope increased and my energy levels increased, noticing the same thing today.

Brainfog is still bad, nothing of major note has any effect so far, I think my brain is quite inflamed and viruses have reactivated again because of this cold that I have. Hoping it goes away, feel about 50% normal productivity. Also my voice is very rough and a bit weak.

I've been taking Larazotide for close to two years now and it's been very helpful. However, my fatigue was always closely related to my gut health so I could be an outlier.

Hello,
Any vendor in Europe where to buy pills ??
I'm not sure about Europeans ones, but there are a couple of good Chinese vendors that ship to Europe. And by good I mean that people from this forum bought their products, tested it at a lab, and it came out as a high grade product.

godlovesatrier

Thanks so much for responding. We've got almost no good stories. This is so helpful.

Since I went back on larozotide about 7 days ago my energy levels have been better overall. I think it helps with energy envelope and ability to get stuff done. But that's literally all it does.

I've still got to take low dose doxy for neuroinflammation. And valtrex for ebv.

Thanks so much for responding. We've got almost no good stories. This is so helpful.

Since I went back on larozotide about 7 days ago my energy levels have been better overall. I think it helps with energy envelope and ability to get stuff done. But that's literally all it does.

I've still got to take low dose doxy for neuroinflammation. And valtrex for ebv.
I hear you and I'm not saying that Larazotide is perfect. But I have tried a lot of supplements and I've seen a lot of doctors and almost nothing worked. While I'm far from 100% healthy Larazotide has give me a clear benefit which I'm very grateful for.

godlovesatrier

I dropped the dose to 250mcg and didn't appear to lose any benefits.

I'll be running out soon and I'm going to try taking lactoferrin and nattokinase instead. I'm also taking magnesium ascorbate and it turns out that might be doing what larozotide is doing. Possibly.

So I'll see how I get on. I've taken it for about six weeks in total.

My long covid has started to improve beyond the difficult stage but I've still got some annoying symptoms like bad coat hanger pain and noise sensitivity.

Lastly a new paper came out showing iron is indeed dysregulated due to lymphocyte update. So maybe the nato, lactoferrin and larozotide together is a really excellent combo for LC.